GRAPH 3D v2.425 (20-FEB-2017)
12-15-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 12:00 AM by Han.)
GRAPH 3D v2.425 (20-FEB-2017)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1250][Image: attachment.php?aid=1292]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1284][Image: attachment.php?aid=1339]

How to install this app:
  1. Update: Make sure to update to at least firmware 6940.
  2. Connect the calculator to your PC; on the PC start the Connectivity Kit.
  3. In the Connectivity Kit, make sure the Content tab is open. (Select Window > Content if necessary)
  4. Drag the Graph3D.hpappdir folder into the Content tab. You may need to scroll the Content area to the bottom so that you can "drop" the hpappdir into the bottom of the list. Otherwise, you may inadvertently drop the hpappdir into the wrong location, such as an existing hpaddir.
  5. Drag the Graph3D.hpappdir folder from the Content tab into your calculator or virtual calculator.

Alternate installation method for non-hpappdir versions
  2. Connect the calculator to your PC; on the PC start the Connectivity Kit.
  3. In the Connectivity Kit, click on the Content tab.
  4. Click on the [+] symbol next to Application Library to expand the list of apps.
  5. Right-click on Advanced Graphing and choose Copy and a copy named Advanced Graphing Copy will be created.
  6. Right-click on the newly created copy, and select Rename. Rename it to Graph3D.
  7. Now, double click on Graph3D and a new Content window should open.
  8. In the Content window, click on the Program tab. Copy the source code from the graph3dv2422.zip file and overwrite the contents shown in the Program tab. Save using the icons near the top left of the connectivity kit window. These above steps basically save Graph3D into your "library" on your PC should you ever need transfer the app to other calculators/emulators.
  9. Now, right-click on Graph3D and select Send to class: (All) to send it to your HP Prime calculator.
  10. On the HP Prime, press the Apps key and select Graph3D.

Alternate installation method 1
  1. Copy the Graph3D.hpappprgm file into your My Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Content folder on your PC
  2. Run the connectivity kit and connect your calculator to your PC (or optionally run the virtual emulator)
  3. Drag the Graph3D.hpappprgrm file on the left pane of the connectivity kit window and drop it into the HP Prime in the same left pane.

Alternate installation method 2
  2. Run the emulator, and press the [Apps] key to open the apps menu. Highlight the Advanced Graphing app and select the "Save" menu option at the bottom of the screen. When given the opportunity to name the copy, use Graph3D.
  3. Open the [Apps] menu again and now select the app named Graph3D.
  4. Open the Program Catalog and with Graph3D (App) selected, press [Enter] to open the source code in the Program Editor. Delete everything using [2nd] [Esc].
  5. Copy the source code in the link below and paste it into the emulator (while the emulator is still in the now-blank source code file for the Graph3D app).
  6. Exit the Program Editor and make sure that no warnings appear.
  7. Test the app by plotting 1/3*(X^3*Y-X*Y^3)
  8. If all is well, return to the [Apps] menu in the emulator. Then select Calculator > Connect To > HP Prime in the emulator program menu (with the actual HP Prime connected, of course).
  9. You should see the "Send" menu option appear. Press "Send" and on the calculator, you should eventually see Graph3D appear in your [Apps] menu.
  10. On the emulator, disconnect from the HP Prime.
  11. On the HP Prime, turn off the calculator, and turn it back on (this "saves" the app into memory so that any warmstart -- i.e. soft reset -- will not revert to the previous memory state that did not have the app.)

How to use this app:
  1. Enter your 2-variable function f(X,Y) into any one of the variables V0 through V9 in the [Symb] view. The variables MUST be uppercase X and Y.
  2. Press [Plot].
  3. Change the viewing window by pressing [Shift][Plot]; OR press [View] and choose among the list.
  4. Change the grid size via [Shift][Num]; OR press [View] and choose among the list.
  5. View the matrix of Z-values by pressing [Num]
  6. More options by pressing [View]
  7. You may have multiple formulas entered and selected for graphing.
  8. After pressing [Plot] use the direction keys and the [Symb] or [Help] key for rotation. The [+] and [-] keys zoom in and out. Press [Esc] to exit, or touch the screen to exit the rotation. The interactive portion will time out after a minute (just press [Plot] again).
  9. After the plot is displayed, tap the screen to bring up an interactive menu which includes the trace feature.
  10. The [+/-] key is a shortcut for switching color mode and the [.] key will toggle trace mode.
  11. While in trace mode (with multiple plots), pressing [+] or [-] will toggle between the multiple functions.

Some notes from iOS user rrshier: How to install on iOS (scroll pass the quoted section)

Changelog
  • Touchscreen gestures for rotation, zooming, and panning
  • Added new cross-section option for trace mode (see setup screen)
  • Fixed possible issues with zclipping
  • Fixed bug in trace mode when cycling colors; z-values were not updated properly
  • Smaller memory footprint and file size; removed Zvals, zColor, ptdef,tridef, and ldef
  • Removed all icons and replaced with generic icon background and text labels

Still to come: Finding local max/min, inserting tangent planes, additional color mode based on the color box in the [Symb] view (right now it's hard to tell which function is which in multi-graphs).

Download (Update: Make sure to update to at least firmware 6940.)

Full Manual: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-95-...l#pid22720

Version 2.425:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: GRAPH 3D v2.1
Hello,

look at this version. It uses directly the TRIANGLE function to do all the transform in one go, it should make it a whole lot faster...

however, this is an old source dump, so you might want to modify it to add the latest refinements that you might have added.

cyrille

Attached File(s)
.txt  d3V3.txt (Size: 3.98 KB / Downloads: 334)
12-16-2013, 07:24 PM
(12-16-2013 08:41 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

look at this version. It uses directly the TRIANGLE function to do all the transform in one go, it should make it a whole lot faster...

however, this is an old source dump, so you might want to modify it to add the latest refinements that you might have added.

cyrille

The built-in projection within TRIANGLE() still messes up fairly easy so I have not planned to rely on it in this release.

12-16-2013, 08:52 PM
hello

(12-16-2013 07:24 PM)Han Wrote:  The built-in projection within TRIANGLE() still messes up fairly easy so I have not planned to rely on it in this release.

ho, please give me example/bug reports so that I can fix them!

cyrille
12-16-2013, 09:48 PM
(12-16-2013 08:52 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  hello

(12-16-2013 07:24 PM)Han Wrote:  The built-in projection within TRIANGLE() still messes up fairly easy so I have not planned to rely on it in this release.

ho, please give me example/bug reports so that I can fix them!

cyrille

I made a report on it, just not here.

12-17-2013, 02:51 AM
What were your plot settings in the two example functions you used?
12-17-2013, 03:19 AM
(12-17-2013 02:51 AM)John Colvin Wrote:  What were your plot settings in the two example functions you used?

For the first plot, xmin and ymin were -4.1, and xmax and ymax were 4.1; zmin was -3 and zmax was 2 (I think). Zoom was 35. Rotation angles were left default.

For the second plot, everything is default (Hit the [View] button and reset the app.

It's been a while so the rotation angles may not be the same.

12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: GRAPH 3D v2.2 (beta)
Just posted a beta release of the next version of Graph 3D. It's marked beta because I have not tested it very rigorously. The older version 2.1 is still available.

12-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Han!
Thank you very much for sharing. It works perfectly!
It is a great application that is already part of my program library Smile

A hug.
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi Han
I agree with ArielPalazzesi, thank you very much for sharing and show how to program this nice calculator

/Lars
12-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Great job Han. There is one issue though with changing the grid size.
I can only change it over a very small range. For example if the grid size
is initially set to 15 and then I change it to 18 or 14, I get a plot error message.
Other than that, the app works perfectly.
12-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi John,

You are likely seeing that message because the routine that generates the z-values are likely running into instances where the input values are just right and end up causing an evaluation error. For example, \( \displaystyle 1-\frac{\cos(x^2+y^2)}{x^2+y^2} \) has a singularity at \( x=y=0 \). So when you use an even-sized grid, then you will have a domain error. You can get a bigger wireframe by using an odd integer (e.g. 49) or changing the window so that it isn't perfectly symmetric.

12-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Cyrille,

Your app works fine on my calculator and the rotations and zooms are very fast. Very impressive and thanks for sharing!

Thanks,

Terje
12-25-2013, 11:06 PM
I think I have followed the instructions in the first post in this thread and can not find any syntax errors when I check the code,but I get a green plot screen when I try to plot Sin(X+Y). Also when I look at the NUM screen I get the X and Y values but the V3 column screen shows the word FALSE instead of a numerical value.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2013, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 06:28 AM by Han.)
A slightly different approach.

Some screenshots of upcoming features.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=84] [Image: attachment.php?aid=85] [Image: attachment.php?aid=86]
The middle graph shows
\[f(x,y)= \sqrt{\frac{x}{\tan(.2y)}} - \cos(x) \]
Notice the handling of disconnected domains for the middle graph. Also, all three graphs feature an intersecting z-plane which can also be used to help users get the frame of reference when used at the bottom of the viewing box.

Other features to come include tracing the surface, as well as a mode-switch to toggle between z-clipping vs. translucent surfaces.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Han!
This is a really helpful app showing the possibilities.
I also appreciate your very helpful films.
Can't await getting my prime.

Many thanks!
12-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Very nice!

As always, an excellent job.

A hug from Argentina. Ariel.
01-01-2014, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 07:55 AM by eried.)
Whoa!! tracing makes this an instant elemental prime part. Without trace was a nice toy Smile Kudos to Han

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 06:28 AM
(01-01-2014 07:54 AM)eried Wrote:  Whoa!! tracing makes this an instant elemental prime part. Without trace was a nice toy Smile Kudos to Han

Happy New Year!

01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi Han!

When are you going to release the new version? Wink

Greetings!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)