Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
11-14-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
Again, this public beta release is very nice, and so rich in features. Just three minor observations:

1) Help for implicit_diff doesn't include the optional order, meaning that the last argument is missing. It would also be helpful to include that as an example, e.g., implicit_diff(y^5=x,y,x,2).

2) Please consider "turning on" syst2mat, which is already in XCAS. For a justification, please see this older post (and especially the last entry by Parisse):

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-894...t=syst2mat

3) There have been a couple older threads concerning sample vs. population standard deviation. It would be nice to synchronize stddev and stddevp with the output in statistics 1var / stats/ labeled sX and sigmaX. For example [1,2,3,4,5,6] results in 1.8708... for sX, and 1.707... for sigmaX, whereas stddev([1,2,3,4,5,6]) and stddevp([1,2,3,4,5,6]) return just the opposite.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2017, 04:35 PM
(11-14-2017 04:30 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  ...
2) Please consider "turning on" syst2mat, which is already in XCAS. For a justification, please see this older post (and especially the last entry by Parisse):

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-894...t=syst2mat

I agree!
Hoping now (in the final version) or in a next FW...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-14-2017, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 09:34 PM by Voldemar.)
Yesterday got my HP Prime calculator. Nice. Just upgrated to 12951.
Please include in Characters capital letter Ē, there is small letter ē, but no capital. My native language is Latvian, many letters in Latvian are with diacritical marks Latvian keyboard layout, all are in Prime, only Ē not in Prime. Also letters ģ and Ģ work malfunctionly, try them. ģ and Ģ are malfunctionly in previous firmware too.
11-15-2017, 04:17 AM
(11-14-2017 03:19 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 02:36 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Anyone else has this problem:

When creating a program through the Program Catalog, the program is created but the calculator resets. Same thing when I try to delete programs.

This happens to only affect C hardware.

Eddie

I have notified calcbeta@hp.com of this
Yes, I reported this quite a while ago but it happens on my HW A as well as my HW C version. I get rid of it by copying all my programs to a PC (NOT backup!) reformatting the storage and copying programs back to the calculator one at a time testing the new command after each until I find the program that causes the error. I then reformat again, copy the programs one at a time omitting the program that caused the error and test again. If I find more programs that cause the error, I go through the whole process again each time omitting the error-causing program. Eventually none of the programs in memory cause a reboot. I then take the omitted program(s) and reenter them by hand into the CK and from there copy them to the calculator. This whole thing is easier than it sounds and is the only sure cure I've found. The problem is a corrupted storage area.

I found that a hard reset Esc + Apps + On to work but all the programs would be lost.
11-15-2017, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 09:26 AM by wangchong01.)
(11-15-2017 04:17 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 03:19 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Yes, I reported this quite a while ago but it happens on my HW A as well as my HW C version. I get rid of it by copying all my programs to a PC (NOT backup!) reformatting the storage and copying programs back to the calculator one at a time testing the new command after each until I find the program that causes the error. I then reformat again, copy the programs one at a time omitting the program that caused the error and test again. If I find more programs that cause the error, I go through the whole process again each time omitting the error-causing program. Eventually none of the programs in memory cause a reboot. I then take the omitted program(s) and reenter them by hand into the CK and from there copy them to the calculator. This whole thing is easier than it sounds and is the only sure cure I've found. The problem is a corrupted storage area.

I found that a hard reset Esc + Apps + On to work but all the programs would be lost.

I found that it only happens when the programs are sorted in alphabetical order,and it won't happen when they are sorted in chronological order.
11-15-2017, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 09:45 AM by lschroeder1947.)
(11-07-2017 04:25 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  If you desire to test an iOS or Android version, please communicate to calcbeta@hp.com with your email ID and type of app store. We can add you in and you will receive a notice for the app when available in the future.

Tim and the developers, thanks for all your work. I have submitted a request to test the app versions. I purchased the Windows 10 and Android Pro app. Have been using iOS Lite version and Windows 10 Free version as well as the physical calculator and pc virtual software.

Have the beta pc Connectivity Kit and beta virtual software installed. Beside a Samsung Tablet I installed the Android version on a Chromebook with Google Play with iOS version installed on a iPhone, iPad mini. and iPad Pro.

HP has the bases covered. Thanks to the forums members, their help with the public beta allow the developers to make this platform be an even better world class tool.

A few suggestion for the app versions. Let the enter key on keyboard on Android (Bluetooth) and Chromebook work with the command line.

Since more and more Chromebooks are enabled with Google Play allow the HP Prime Pro version to communicate with the HP Connectivity Kit. Chromebooks have an extra Wifi layer for Android apps that seems to block the HP Prime Pro communications.
11-15-2017, 08:44 PM
When will we have new HP Prime calc with new hardware? Anybody any premonitions?
11-15-2017, 09:08 PM
(11-15-2017 08:44 PM)John P Wrote:  When will we have new HP Prime calc with new hardware?
What is wrong with the current one?
11-15-2017, 10:09 PM
(11-15-2017 09:08 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 08:44 PM)John P Wrote:  When will we have new HP Prime calc with new hardware?
What is wrong with the current one?

Already too old, 2013 on the market so, the concept is from around 2011. This is already seven years old concept/product not really very well thought of and implemented. That is what is wrong with the current HP Prime hardware implementation. After seven years of bug fixes etc. the HP Calculator Team should already have some very clear ideas how to make the very old HP Prime much better.
11-15-2017, 11:05 PM
(11-15-2017 10:09 PM)John P Wrote:  the HP Calculator Team should already have some very clear ideas how to make the very old HP Prime much better.
HP Prime hardwere is OK. The only one confuses me - x^y key, in my opinion there should be y^x. Smile
11-16-2017, 02:24 AM
(11-15-2017 11:05 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 10:09 PM)John P Wrote:  the HP Calculator Team should already have some very clear ideas how to make the very old HP Prime much better.
HP Prime hardwere is OK. The only one confuses me - x^y key, in my opinion there should be y^x. Smile

What! Wait, don't you think the Prime should be updated so it can be used as a garage door opener? Smile

Just teasing...

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
11-16-2017, 11:27 AM
(11-15-2017 11:05 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  HP Prime hardwere is OK. The only one confuses me - x^y key, in my opinion there should be y^x. Smile

The [x^2] key must really drive you crazy!

If there were an [f^-1], a function inverse key, you could be in hog's heaven!
11-16-2017, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 04:31 PM by toml_12953.)
(11-15-2017 11:05 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  

Not on the Prime, it shouldn't! On Prime it should be 2:^1: or 1:^ entryline Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-16-2017, 05:22 PM
(11-15-2017 04:17 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I found that a hard reset Esc + Apps + On to work but all the programs would be lost.

Always "save" your work by forcing the calculator off after making changes. THEN do a reset. On the other hand, if you created something new that is causing problems, do NOT turn the calculator off -- simply go straight to doing a reset.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-16-2017, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 09:41 PM by Voldemar.)
(11-16-2017 04:26 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Not on the Prime, it shouldn't! On Prime it should be 2:^1: or 1:^ entryline Smile
Really! Smile But this is good only in RPN.
If seriously, I like x ^ 2 key is not shifted on the Prime.
11-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Since I installed the new beta firmware there has been an occasional and rather annoying flicker on my Prime display; it's still there with the second beta. Has anyone else seen this? Is it due to the new firmware, or is my Prime getting old?

Nigel (UK)
11-16-2017, 10:13 PM
(11-16-2017 10:03 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  Since I installed the new beta firmware there has been an occasional and rather annoying flicker on my Prime display; it's still there with the second beta. Has anyone else seen this? Is it due to the new firmware, or is my Prime getting old?

Nigel (UK)
Me too. No, your Prime is not getting old. My Prime calculator is brand new. I got it this week.
11-16-2017, 10:43 PM
I have noticed this as well. In particular, if you touch the clock in the upper right corner of the title bar, the pop-up screen flickers very noticeably.
11-16-2017, 10:58 PM
(11-16-2017 10:43 PM)DrD Wrote:  In particular, if you touch the clock in the upper right corner of the title bar, the pop-up screen flickers very noticeably.
Yes. There only clock line and battery status mark flicker, calendar line and
angle measure marks do not flicker.
11-17-2017, 01:14 AM
(11-16-2017 09:37 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 04:26 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Not on the Prime, it shouldn't! On Prime it should be 2:^1: or 1:^ entryline Smile
Really! Smile But this is good only in RPN.
There's some other mode? Big Grin

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)