Suggestion for future release....
10-17-2017, 04:32 AM
Suggestion for future release....
I'm finding that I have to refer to a PC to figure out how to do a lot of functionality as I can't guess the start of a function name. The Help system really needs a search function in order for the calculator to be used truly independent of a PC....which should be the whole point of using a calculator instead of a PC program.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: Suggestion for future release....
Hello,

There is a search function in the calcualtor help system.(Helps/Tree/Search)...

If you have any suggestions on how to make it better, please tell us.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Oh Wow, I looked there today and didn't see that. I wonder why...
It works the way I want it to too.
Thanks
-D
10-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Useful feature, no doubt.

Using the physical calculator, latest f/w release (2017 07 10):

Is it me, or after clicking on Search we have to switch to Alpha mode in order to type a searchable string?

Also, the entered text is not being displayed in the Text field in a single step.
We need to type the alpha text in the command line area and click OK/Enter to copy it into the Search field, and then hit OK/Enter once again to get the results.
Is there any specific reason to do so?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

10-17-2017, 12:09 PM
I found it worked fine. Having to press OK is fine too, as I'd hate to have made a typo and have to do it over. Typing on the calculator when you can't see the keys (due to the lousy color of the keys) is what slows you down more than anything else, so the "are you sure" question that annoys us on Windows is actually fine on the Prime....IMO.
10-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Hello,
The tree is very helpful to find commands if you know what you are looking for. What i am currently missing in my opinion is the possibility to see all the commands related to one TYPE of variable.

For example, if i want to see all the commands related to LIST operations, what i can do?

Maybe this feature is already there but i didn’t find it.

Thanks

Giancarlo
10-18-2017, 06:12 AM
(10-18-2017 05:37 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  The tree is very helpful to find commands if you know what you are looking for. What i am currently missing in my opinion is the possibility to see all the commands related to one TYPE of variable.

For example, if i want to see all the commands related to LIST operations, what i can do?

Is this what you're looking for? In the Help Tree: The Toolbox Menus / Math Menu / List. The 15 list-related functions there are the same ones found outside the Help system, in the Toolbox [Math] / List menu. So that's two different ways of perusing the list-related functions.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Hello Joe,
Thank tou very much. This is what i was looking for.
However what sound strange to me is that i can see the LIST commands in Toolbox/Math/Lust while i access the STRING commands in Help/Tree/Program catalog/Program editor/Commands Menu/String.

It would be more consistent to have them in the same place, don’t you think so?
I noticed that this wasn’t the case in my hp49g+ calc as well since the LIST commands were into the PROG menu but it didn’t hurt me.

It seems to me that this issue (which probably mine) is related to the high number of commands available in this calc.

Thanks

Giancarlo
10-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Well, right now there is a limitation that the entry can appear only in one place. Once that has been removed it shouldn't be hard to get things placed in the various places they apply. Something like ROTATE which applies to string and grobs, and similar things.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)