Voyager Series: How "rare" are they, really?
09-23-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: Voyager Series: How "rare" are they, really?
(09-23-2017 11:05 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  But if you find a 16C chances are it will be in very good shape, I’ve been told.
Gerson.

Depends on the price you find them at. The more expensive they are, the better the shape. If you find one in the very low $100's, it's typically going to have scratches on either the brushed LCD bezel, the keyboard faceplate and/or, the back plate. If you find one in pristine shape, they tend to be priced in the $175+ range... with manual, $200 and up.

There are always the obscure bargain finds, of course.... but those are few and far between. At least, this has been what I've noticed lately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2017, 12:06 AM
A long time ago there was a test batch of an updated 15C called the 15C+ that never made it to market. A few of these were given to HHC attendees that year and I've never seen one for sale, so I guess they count as the rarest Voyager.
09-27-2017, 12:36 AM
(09-27-2017 12:06 AM)BruceH Wrote:  A long time ago there was a test batch of an updated 15C called the 15C+ that never made it to market. A few of these were given to HHC attendees that year and I've never seen one for sale, so I guess they count as the rarest Voyager.

The 15C+ was the forerunner of what became the HP-15CLE. Though the 15C+ does not have the infamous PSE bug found in the 15CLE, they do have different bugs. The 15C+ keyboards feel as good as an original new 15C and there is no loose key 'rattle' associated with at least some of the 15CLE machines.

With the exception of the 12C with blue case and blue keys owned by Keith Midson, I'd agree the 15C+ is likely the rarest Voyager series.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)