Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
09-29-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7e4f3ba597b8884735d70633eb666d2a97602906&dn=hp_calc_torrent

new version following the discussion about documents for the hp calculator CPUs (I did not include all the documents, only some).

Once again, if you have documents/programs to suggest (with short description), please tell me!

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2017, 12:54 AM
Error : no sources found for torrent
09-30-2017, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 08:52 AM by pier4r.)
As I wrote before. Trackerless torrents require, on the peer side, to "wait" (one has to slowly crawly the dht) and to have the right ports open. In particular UDP.

Torrent clients are known to work also behind routers that open no ports, but it is not working for trackerless torrents. Also I have already 3 sources other than me.

If one expect: add -> start -> working almost immediately one is going to be disappointed.

Edit: just for testing, I used my virtual private server in a remote datacenter (that is sitting there since July 2017 for a project I did not really started) with transmission-cli (I reccomend it, it is impressively simple) and it got connected, even without opening the firewall, almost immediately.

So soon there will be another seed for the torrent (and all the subsequent ones)

09-30-2017, 04:04 PM
I get a "File is damaged" error message when trying to open hp42s-programming-examples.pdf in the free_or_hp_42 directory. File size is 2560 KB.

BTW, nice collection!
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
09-30-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 04:19 PM by pier4r.)
Thanks for the info. Well it is damaged also for me (I did not check it for long time). Do anyone has a replacement? I do not remember where I found it.

edit:
fixed!
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0f3412847dae1ec7d247dba558ea7c8268c2d074&dn=hp_calc_torrent

If you have inputs about what to add, please share!

09-30-2017, 05:33 PM
(09-30-2017 04:15 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Do anyone has a replacement? I do not remember where I found it.

This manual can be found here (though I don't know if this is your original source):

http://www.hp41.net/forum/fileshp41net/hp42s-programming-examples.pdf

Small suggestion: Keep the latest magnet on the top/initial post for this thread.

--Bob Prosperi
09-30-2017, 07:28 PM
(09-30-2017 05:33 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Small suggestion: Keep the latest magnet on the top/initial post for this thread.

I already do. It is the one with the date. Sometimes I updated it without writing a new post. I write a new post after a big change or similar events.

For example the last change was adding the hhc 2017 presentations. Now the torrent is 300+ MB .

09-30-2017, 08:50 PM
(09-30-2017 07:28 PM)pier4r Wrote:  I already do. It is the one with the date. Sometimes I updated it without writing a new post. I write a new post after a big change or similar events.

My bad, when I looked back, I did not look far enough.

Rather than creating an entirely new pkg. each time, perhaps its better to break it down into several torrents, separated by topic, such as manuals, programs, etc. or possibly by model series (classic, 41, Pioneer, RPL, etc.) to make smaller downloads without repeating 90% every time, and also allow the others to have more seeders.

--Bob Prosperi
09-30-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 09:42 PM by pier4r.)
(09-30-2017 08:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Rather than creating an entirely new pkg. each time, perhaps its better to break it down into several torrents, separated by topic, such as manuals, programs, etc. or possibly by model series (classic, 41, Pioneer, RPL, etc.) to make smaller downloads without repeating 90% every time, and also allow the others to have more seeders.

Well it is more work and it does not allow refactoring. I have one folder with everything inside, if I change the order I have to recreate a lot of torrents.

Then a nice things of torrents, that are optimal for collection, is that the user can see the file list and skip the ones that are uninteresting. The collection is not a zip, that is a monolithic bundle, it is pretty flexible with a torrent.

edit and once again files disappear (see that is unintended maintenance). This is either some mistake that I do with double commander, I am not used to its selection, or something is going on with my nas although the daily SMART tests are all fine. I'll try to avoid double commander for the time being, let's see what happens.

If someone else wants to seed the single smaller part can do it, for the moment I try at least to keep one with new items more I cannot do at the moment.

edi2: found the culprit. Qbittorrent deletes files that does not recognize in the folder (from previous torrents versions). That's a very ugly design decision in my opinion. A user does not want extra files to be deleted.

09-30-2017, 10:06 PM
In regard to the Windows version of Debug4x, your torrent has Debug4x_b168c.exe.
Path is:
$hp_calc_torrent$/hp50g/files/windows/Debug4x_b168c.exe Size: 8,652K

There's now a debug4x_b168d.exe available which includes EMU48+_1.58, with some recent patches from Chris Gießelink's recent posting. I hope this helps out.

Regards, Brickviking (a.k.a. DrSmokey)

(Post 105)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2017, 10:40 PM
thanks brickviking. I will try to include it asap (and I was thinking that also keeping old versions - due to compatibility and different OSes - may help. Sure an old version is like 159 not the same 168)

For today,though, I worked to restore the previous files, finding why qbitorrent deletes everything (bad) and included the hhc presentation files that I was able to find.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85e5dce478b7e043cdfce40936881f09f2e6c96f&dn=hp_calc_torrent

Tip with qbitorrent: delete the existing torrents (not the data!) before creating the new one, otherwise: conflicts!

10-01-2017, 01:36 AM
At least for me, the new magnet url doesn't pull down any meta-data, and can't start until it does. I don't know how to fix this. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues.

(Post 106)

Regards, BrickViking
10-01-2017, 02:32 AM
I've tried three different torrent clients, I can't get any magnet links to work. Any old .torrent works fine.
10-01-2017, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 09:42 AM by pier4r.)
Hmm ok I will try a double approach then. Give me some time

Ok in the first post I will post the magnet links. The torrent files are here: http://clserver1.cz.pier4r.t28.net:2080/...c_torrent/

Although those may be less immediately updated compared to the magnet links if I do not have much time. The info is also in the first post.

edit: also testing with my VPS. the new magnet link is not yet working (yesterday the test took 2 minutes to work). I will see.

edit2: it seems that my home server is firewalled (no open ports, no releasing). I investigate... TCPview from sysinternals to the rescue. Nmap to te trescue too from the VPS. The ports are open. I wonder why the DHT is not rolling. Qbittorrent using random UDP port even when I specify them, second bad design choice. It will take a bit more than expected. Now I put aside qbittorrent (that surely is ok to download stuff) to use transmission on cygwin. I have to find out how to let transmission recognize that the torrent is ready.

edit3: ok with transmission I was not able to 'seed' for the moment. I keep qbittorrent running (I also checked the config on the .ini files). Still I have the connection not completely open according to qbittorrent. Snort.

edit4: ok it was a matter of time with qbittorrent. For a while the ports are detected "closed" and then the connection works. I forget always that DHT are powerful but require a bit of patience (some minutes). Damn me.

10-01-2017, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 10:07 AM by pier4r.)
Ok it seems to work again. qbittorrent sometimes needs time and some restarts (and experience on the user side, as usual with non trivial tools).

The VPS that I use as testing hooked on the magnet link without problems (only some patience)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85e5dce478b7e043cdfce40936881f09f2e6c96f&dn=hp_calc_torrent

Before adding the suggested debug4x 168d , I wait until there are more sources for the current torrent.

10-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Yup, I can confirm it's working fine again. Thank you for that, wow this has got big. It went from 55M-ish to about 914M partly due to the HHC presentation zips.

I'll leave it running for a bit during the day until I see a new torrent URL released.

(Post 107)

Regards, BrickViking
10-02-2017, 05:21 AM
Yes the thingy gets big quickly with big files. My vps won't help anymore when it will pass the 2gb (but it will be always useful for testing). If I see some source running I will produce the next changes.

Once again, any tip about what to include is welcomed (actually I have an idea but I'm lazy: collect the source code posted in this forum but it is a lot of manual data mining )

10-02-2017, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 07:30 PM by pier4r.)
added debug4x 168d. Library listExt 1.1.1d , a manual made by a user about the 50g and started and endless project to collect userRPL code for the 50g . (other types of code are welcomed, but already userRPL requires two lives, someone else has to do the rest)

Once again, especially for userRPL code (whatever discussion that you think it is interesting to include) suggestions about what to include as welcomed.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d9878ffcf7e85b0824f979b657f17fdefb54cca8&dn=hp_calc_torrent

10-02-2017, 08:37 PM
(10-02-2017 07:29 PM)pier4r Wrote:  added debug4x 168d, Library listExt 1.1.1d, a manual made by a user about the 50g and started an endless project to collect userRPL code for the 50g.

I'd also like to suggest the PDF version of Mervin Newton's introduction to programming HP calculators, available here, written by the same user referred to in your post. Data files are also available on that same page, as well as further information.

(Post 109)

Regards, BrickViking
10-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Thanks I will collect it for the next release (for the moment a new release happens after enough changes to make are accumulated, enough is arbitrary. Or enough time from the last release passed or enough seeds are there for the current release. With the current place it is every other day)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)