What happened to HP Users' Libary in Geneva?
09-18-2017, 04:39 AM
What happened to HP Users' Libary in Geneva?
HP Key Notes V4N3 (and probably others) mentions the Users' Program Library Europe, in Geneva. I know that the US HPUL is lost, but does anyone know what happened to the European library? Is there any chance that it still exists?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 04:59 AM
RE: What happened to HP Users' Libary in Geneva?
(09-18-2017 04:39 AM)David Hayden Wrote:  HP Key Notes V4N3 (and probably others) mentions the Users' Program Library Europe, in Geneva. I know that the US HPUL is lost, but does anyone know what happened to the European library? Is there any chance that it still exists?

It was closed in 1983, as announced on page 4 of the PPC-Toulouse journal #8 (November-December 1983). I don't know what happened to the programs.
09-18-2017, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 12:44 PM by vassilisprevelakis.)
RE: What happened to HP Users' Libary in Geneva?
(09-18-2017 04:39 AM)David Hayden Wrote:  HP Key Notes V4N3 (and probably others) mentions the Users' Program Library Europe, in Geneva. I know that the US HPUL is lost, but does anyone know what happened to the European library? Is there any chance that it still exists?

The library itself is gone. There was an effort to save it at the time, but getting it out of Switzerland proved too difficult.

I, like many people, have the catalog of the UPLE library, but not the programs.
I have a few programs I got from UPLE at the time, and, I suppose, other people also have programs, but all in all only a tiny fraction of the library contents survived.

**vp

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)