Upload img.jpg to user_id folder?
03-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Upload img.jpg to user_id folder?
Scanning the posts it appears that the upload issue keeps surfacing but without any definitive answer by the forum moderator.

Did I miss the answer?

- Sikuq
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: Upload img.jpg to user_id folder?
I don't know about other moderators but this one doesn't understand the question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2014, 01:54 AM
1 +

-katie

03-17-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 07:26 PM by Sikuq.)
(03-16-2014 01:17 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  I don't know about other moderators but this one doesn't understand the question.

Hi Dave & Katie,

Thanks for answering. In the old Forum I could upload pictures to my user folder for re-use later. On the new Forum I have tried to do the same (not wanting to do Avatars). I checked the Help in vain and checked a list of other users having similar problems in this thread.

So, please, what are the steps to upload some smaller pictures in *.gif, jpg etc. format to my new Forum user profile? From your answers I take it I'm missing something obvious right in front of me, right?

Thanks in advance.

- Sikuq

PS: Since I have the courteous attention by two Super Moderators I have another question: When I log-in to the thread of interest a large list comes up with all the entries in date sort order - with the oldest on top. I went looking for a touch area where I could touch and the list would re-sort in the inverse date order, i.e. newest on top. Where is that feature and if not can it be implemented? It is quite tedious to scoll ...
03-17-2014, 07:24 PM

Scroll down to where it shows "Attachments". Use the browse button to select a file and then click Add attachment to upload it and Insert Into Post to put in the post. If you get an error message, please let me know what it says.

As for Avatars - if you mean you want to get rid of the one you have, that's under user CP/Your Profile/Change Avatar. Then click Remove avatar.
03-17-2014, 07:31 PM
(03-17-2014 07:24 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  Scroll down to where it shows "Attachments". Use the browse button to select a file and then click Add attachment to upload it and Insert Into Post to put in the post. If you get an error message, please let me know what it says.

As for Avatars - if you mean you want to get rid of the one you have, that's under user CP/Your Profile/Change Avatar. Then click Remove avatar.

Dave,

Many thanks for your response. Some other users indicated that but what if you want to upload not a post-specific picture but a picture to be used later and perhaps repeatedly? That's why I mentioned "re-use". Is there access to a user specific picture folder like in the old Forum?

- Sikuq
03-17-2014, 07:46 PM
(03-17-2014 07:31 PM)Sikuq Wrote:  Is there access to a user specific picture folder like in the old Forum?

Use the link beside your name: User CP
There you can Manage Attachments.

Cheers
Thomas
03-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes, once there you can get the URLs to post in img tags on additional posts.
03-17-2014, 08:01 PM
For the other issue, then End key works on most systems.

Also if you've visited a thread before and there are new posts since then, clicking on the green arrow next to the thread instead of the thread title takes you to the first new post.
03-17-2014, 08:23 PM
(03-17-2014 08:01 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  For the other issue, then End key works on most systems.

Also if you've visited a thread before and there are new posts since then, clicking on the green arrow next to the thread instead of the thread title takes you to the first new post.

Thomas & Dave,

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions.

- Sikuq

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)