can a grob be initialized to be bigger than screen?
09-09-2017, 10:01 PM
can a grob be initialized to be bigger than screen?
...using dimgrob?
...just wondering if you can create a larger grob and scroll within it using a viewport?
Nowhere does it say in the dimgrob help what the max w and h are.
Thx
-Donald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: can a grob be initialized to be bigger than screen?
It is possible, in fact is a very used option, is to incorporate in the body of your program the option of identifying the variation of the gesture on screen, either obtained with WAIT (-1) or MOUSE, to modify the insertion coordinate you use in the BLIT of the graphic variable that has a larger size than the screen.

A visual example, has not yet been published due to the inefficiency of the Connectivity Kit when manipulating files.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2017, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 03:12 AM by webmasterpdx.)
Thanks Carlos, that's an interesting video....is that Doc.txt app an actual app or just a file, and how did you get to see files like that? Is that app available to examine?
Also, that Itema app looked interesting too...what does that do? Here it seemed to change the background color...
Thanks
-Donald
09-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Is this to be an editor? I don't speak spanish (my brother is the spanish speaking one in my family :-) and so, I tried to translate the text using google translate....it's not clear from the translation.
The reason I ask and the reason I wanted to know about the GROB is that I'm thinking of writing an SDK that has a GUI builder and a decent program editor. I figure to scroll around the text of the program, dragging using a larger GROB than the screen would be useful to see the text for long lines of code.
Also, if you are developing something like this already, it would seem like a pointless effort (other than as a learning exercise for myself).
What were the other apps mentioned in the text below (that this is supposed to be part of). I'm interested.
Thanks
-Donald
09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
You can build GROB objects larger then the screen. Just be aware that they take a LOT of memory being bitmaps. 16 bits per pixel currently, and will be expanded when we make the switch over to RGB888 shortly.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Might I suggest leaving the 16-bit format as an option for sprites for games, etc, to save space...
09-12-2017, 07:45 AM
I've been thinking on this. You might have a simple 4 bit color scheme for sprites. I can see many uses for sprites of only 16 colors for games, etc.....something to consider.... e.g. Have 24 bit color for those who really need it, but also support 16-bit and 4-bit.
BTW, for reference, the Amiga computer had only 12 bit color and did pretty well for representing video....
Keep alpha capability, as I can think of lots of uses for that too...
....just sayin' :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)