Statistics_1Var H1 definition
08-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Statistics_1Var H1 definition
I've seen the Statistics_1Var app used to plot data in several programs. However, as part of this, somewhere it sets H1 as in these 2 examples.
H1:={"D1", "D2",1,0};
and
H1:={"D1", "D2",1,0,#FF:24h};
Can someone tell me what the values in the lists in the assignments are?
Thanks in advance
-Donald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: Statistics_1Var H1 definition
I've finally figured this out....it's taken quite a while of scouring various articles, etc, etc and trying just about every option in the symbolic view and changing them and looking at the value of H1.
So, H1:={"D1","D2",4,0,#FF:24h}
means...
D1 is the independent variable.
D2 is the frequency of each entry of D1.
4 is the plot type (Line in this case).
0 is the option for the plot type. Certain plot types have more than one option.
#FF:24h is the color, represented as FF hex as a 24bit unsigned integer. This is really #0000FFh, or BLUE. e.g. Red would be #FF0000:24h

This info should really be in the User manual....maybe someone from HP could do this?
Thx
-Donald
08-27-2017, 03:51 PM
It is in 2 places already.

Page 620 (english) of the current user guide in the Programming in HPPPL section, Symbolic view variables.

Quote:H1...H5
Statistics 1Var

The Statistics 1Var symbolic variables are H1 to H5. These variables contain the data values for a one-variable statistical analysis. For example, H1(n) returns the nth value in the data set for the H1 analysis. With no argument, H1 returns a list of the objects that define H1. These objects are as follows, in the order given: ● An expression (in single quotes) that defines the data list (or empty double quotes) ● An expression (in single quotes) that optionally defines the frequencies for each of the values in the data list (or empty double quotes) ● The plot type number ● The option number ● The color for the plot The plot type number is an integer from 1 to 9 that controls which statistical plot type is used with each of the variables H1 to H5. The correspondence is as follows: ● 1—Histogram (default) ● 2—Box and whisker ● 3—Normal probability ● 4—Line ● 5—Bar ● 6—Pareto ● 7—Control ● 8—Dot ● 9—Stem and leaf The option number is an integer from 0 to 2 that controls any option available for the plot type. The correspondence is as follows: ● 0—No option ● 1—Do not show outliers for the box-and-whisker plot ● 2—Show outliers for the box-and-whisker plot Example: H3:={"D1", "", 2, 1, #FF:24h} defines H3 to use D1 for its data list, use no frequencies, and draw a box-and-whisker plot without outliers in blue.

Also you can look in your on calculator help. It will be under HP Apps->Stat 1 Var App-> Statistics 1 Var Variables->Symbolic variables

You could tap the "Search" button in the tree, type H1, tap the case sensitive, and I expect you'd end up there with 1-2 taps.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Just a matter of knowing where to look I guess. I spent 2 days unable to find that info...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)