Voyager Space Project
08-16-2017, 02:39 AM
Voyager Space Project
Hi all,

I was watching "The Farthest" the other night which showed some of the intriguing stories and pictures of the Voyager space project.

The story swapped back and forth from now all the way back to the 70's where there was some footage showing the engineers work stations and there on the desk were Woodstock calculators. It was a quick shot so couldn't guess as the model, but was interesting to see them at work in that role.

That's only 2 shows I have seen early HP calculators, as noted here, the 9100 in The Andromeda Strain was the other that I know of.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: Voyager Space Project
IIRC; In the documentary Black Sky, about Scaled Composites and Spaceship One's winning of the Anzari Prize that an engineer grabbed a 48 during an in flight emergency. I guess he didn't have time to worry about a Cassio's funky keyboard or whether a TI would follow the order of precedence correctly.
08-16-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Voyager Space Project
The HP-65 and a 9830A are featured in the film L'ordinateur des pompes funèbres (1976). You can also see a 9830A with its printer in a panning shot in The Box (2009).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)