Found! A Replacement Battery for HP Prime G2
09-28-2023, 05:56 AM
Found! A Replacement Battery for HP Prime G2
I bought my HP Prime G2 in November 2020, but it has not had all that much use. The last few times I dug it out to use, the battery was dead. I discovered that the battery would not hold a charge for more than a day or two. I went to HP first, but apparently they do not offer a replacement battery currently. I find that a bit odd, especially given the popularity of the calculator.

Anyway...

Hours later in my search, I stumbled across a post in some obscure discussion group that suggested that a Samsung G3 cell phone battery might work. I found the battery on Amazon for about $12, and decided that was cheap enough to try it as an experiment.

It turns out that the Samsung EB-L1G6LLU Lithium Ion battery is a drop-in replacement. The only difference is specs is that the Samsung battery has a capacity rated at 2100 mAh as opposed to the original battery at 2000 mAh. Everything else is the same including the fit, which is perfect.

I have no idea as to whether or not this battery would work in earler HP Prime models.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2023, 03:28 PM
RE: Found! A Replacement Battery for HP Prime G2
Hi Todd,

Thanks for sharing. Although this might work well, Moravia sells an official replacement battery for Prime as well. Contact your local reseller for details and pricing. Smile

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
09-28-2023, 03:53 PM
I very much appreciate your response, because I am an advocate for using official replacement parts for name brand equipment whenever possible. As I mentioned earlier, I came HP first, but there is no mention of Moravia at all, not to mention having official replacement batteries for the HP Prime calculator. So this is great news, and I think it would be in the best interest of HP to mention this somewhere on the site besides this forum. The G2s are getting to the age where replacement batteries are going to be needed. In the meantime, I'll check out Moravia. Again, thanks for the quick response and the information!!

(09-28-2023 03:28 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Hi Todd,

Thanks for sharing. Although this might work well, Moravia sells an official replacement battery for Prime as well. Contact your local reseller for details and pricing. Smile
10-01-2023, 11:24 AM
(09-28-2023 03:28 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Hi Todd,

Can you share any link to a seller of these batteries in the UK?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)