HELP -
08-09-2017, 08:43 PM
HELP -
Hi all,

I'm having problems with my HP Prime calculator. During use the calculator has stopped and has not answered any more. I reset it using the reset button in the back of the calculator and then the calculator did not start again.
I read a few posts about firmware update and them I downloaded the latest firmware's version.
In the restore mode, pressing by the Symb button and the reset button, with the cable connected to the computer I downloaded the latest firmware version, but even after this the calculator does not turn on, the screen turns dark.

Could anybody help me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: HELP -
When you plug in the calculator with a USB cable, does it turn on? If so, leave it plugged in for 10 minutes or so. Now unplug it. Does it immediately turn off? If not, leave it plugged in and charge it up.

If it does turn off, open the little door on the back of the calculator. Take the battery out, then plug the USB in. The calculator should turn on. Now put the battery in while the unit is running. Leave it for 10 minutes. Unplug again. Does it immediately turn off?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-11-2017, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 02:36 PM by TiagoBellettini.)
Dear Tim, thanks for your reply.

(08-09-2017 09:37 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  When you plug in the calculator with a USB cable, does it turn on? If so, leave it plugged in for 10 minutes or so. Now unplug it. Does it immediately turn off? If not, leave it plugged in and charge it up.

No, it doesn't turn on...

If it does turn off, open the little door on the back of the calculator. Take the battery out, then plug the USB in. The calculator should turn on. Now put the battery in while the unit is running. Leave it for 10 minutes. Unplug again. Does it immediately turn off?

The calculator doesn't turn on with or without battery, the only way of life it presents is when entering in recovery mode using symb + reset
08-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I did the firmware update many times but always the same result: the hp prime doesn't turn on.

I'm using HP Connectivity Kit 2016 12 8.Rev 11226 and firmware 20170710.
In recovery mode i'm doing the firmware download and I got sucess in the end but the result is always the same: the hp prime doesn't turn on. Attached are some imagens.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-14-2017, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 10:57 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(08-11-2017 11:52 AM)TiagoBellettini Wrote:  Dear Tim, thanks for your reply.

(08-09-2017 09:37 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  When you plug in the calculator with a USB cable, does it turn on? If so, leave it plugged in for 10 minutes or so. Now unplug it. Does it immediately turn off? If not, leave it plugged in and charge it up.

No, it doesn't turn on...

The calculator doesn't turn on with or without battery, the only way of life it presents is when entering in recovery mode using symb + reset

There are two things to try:

1. Do you have access to another computer? If so, trying the update on that one may work.

2. The downloaded files may have been corrupted. I've seen that once before. Can you please download http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/...170710.zip directly by clicking on it? Remove anything inside the "<Documents>/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware" folder and unzip the files to replace there.
2a. Try it again with the "Recovery mode". Please record a video of the updater running and post it as a private youtube video (or any other video/files site) or something and send me the link. Or, if it is small enough, a direct email would work: timwessman at hp.com

I've never seen a unit that is able to get into "recovery mode" not be able to be returned to functioning. There is a very good chance we can get it fixed.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-15-2017, 05:26 PM
(08-14-2017 10:56 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 11:52 AM)TiagoBellettini Wrote:  Dear Tim, thanks for your reply.

There are two things to try:

1. Do you have access to another computer? If so, trying the update on that one may work.

Yes I do. I did the update on another computer and it showed the same result.

2. The downloaded files may have been corrupted. I've seen that once before. Can you please download http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/...170710.zip directly by clicking on it? Remove anything inside the "<Documents>/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware" folder and unzip the files to replace there.
2a. Try it again with the "Recovery mode". Please record a video of the updater running and post it as a private youtube video (or any other video/files site) or something and send me the link. Or, if it is small enough, a direct email would work: timwessman at hp.com

I tried again to update with this file, but I did not succeed either. I sent the videos to you by email.

I've never seen a unit that is able to get into "recovery mode" not be able to be returned to functioning. There is a very good chance we can get it fixed.

Thank you immensely for the help.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)