My Assistant
07-14-2017, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 05:06 AM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: My Assistant
(07-14-2017 02:33 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 01:26 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I find it interesting to see what else I was working on at that time. Anyone recognize the beige piece of plastic on the table?

Front bezel from a 9114B?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Don Pardo, please tell Bob what he's won. Don ..., Don?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2017, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 02:29 PM by aurelio.)
(07-11-2017 05:07 AM)Dan Wrote:  Did you know that each cat has three names?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sax6J8n1AiE

I've seen now this movie (Logan's run) for the first time, at that time I was just 15 Smile

first in the original language and then also in the translated version, and I was surprised hearing that in the "italian" spoken is missing the translation for the dialogues about cats you linked, a second time when he talks about them, and a few other Orson's dialogue while approaching to the town ...it means there were cuts in our edition, why? Because they were considered not important in the history or just because too difficult to translate?
Actually I don't like this kind of cuts, and not just 'cause I love cats.

This morning on the radio were talking about the use of Tidal Wave Energy: 40 years ago they already showed it in that movie Smile

edit: typos
07-18-2017, 02:06 AM
I hate it too when movies are cut. And when watching a movie in a language I don't know I prefer subtitles as I want to hear the movie in its original form. But sometimes it is difficult or impossible to convey the original meaning in a translation, whether dubbed or subtitled.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)