How do you install an app?
07-03-2017, 04:45 AM
How do you install an app?
I've found some useful apps online and they are stored in a zip file containing a few files in a directory, including a png file for the icon. How do I now install this on my calculator from my PC? I've looked via google and on this site and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this. Anyone got a link to instructions on how to do this? The files in the directory are of the form *.hpapp, *.hpappnote, *.hpappprgm and icon.png.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: How do you install an app?
Drag the folder to the "calculator" panel of the Connectivity Kit

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Thank you. I drag it into the contents pane in the calculator part of the connectivity kit. I can now see the app, but it's not working the way i thought...but that could be the app itself.
Thanks
-D
07-07-2017, 05:39 PM
What I've done that seems to work is ...

I have a folder ~Documents->HP Connectivity Kit->Content->Apps

I drag a new program to the 'Apps' folder I created in the Content directory.

Then, when the Prime is connected to the HP Connectivity Kit, you can see your 'Apps' folder at the bottom of the screen under the Content folder.

I drag the program that I previously copied to the 'Apps' folder directly up to the 'Application Library' folder in the calculator itself (from within the Connectivity Kit).
07-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Make sure to unzip the files first. Do not drag directly from within the zip file to the conn. kit as this may or may not work (usually it fails).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
07-07-2017, 11:47 PM
From what I can figure out is if you copy the directory to the contents window in the connectivity kit windows app, it actually copies it to the directory you mention (under documents-HP Connectivity Kit->Contents.
Then, you can do a manual copy like you said, or you can select the directory in contents in the connnectivity app and select right-mouse->Send, and that seems to copy the appropriate files to the calculator.
Note that you can also look under Documents->Hp Connectivity Kit->Calculators->etc.... and you'll see it under there too....
Enjoy
-D

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)