I now have 35 HP related calculators on my PC...
07-02-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: I now have 35 HP related calculators on my PC...
I see the HP32SII in your collection of skins. Is there an emulator or simulator for it? I've been looking but never have found one.

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 01:18 PM
(07-02-2017 12:20 PM)Ed Wright Wrote:  I see the HP32SII in your collection of skins. Is there an emulator or simulator for it? I've been looking but never have found one.

Christoph Giesselink's Excellent EMU42 can actually emulate many of the Pioneer models, including the 32SII. You will have to supply a ROM image, but look around old posts here, it does exist.

http://hp.giesselink.com/emu42.htm

--Bob Prosperi
07-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Thanks Bob! I'll look around for the ROM.

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein
07-03-2017, 02:01 AM
I've not been able to locate the ROM for the 32Sii. Any help would be appreciated more than you know.

07-03-2017, 07:32 AM
(06-30-2017 01:12 AM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  I am very close to releasing my new emulator skin pack. I've put a lot of time into making sure these are the best looking skins ever produced. Here's a subset of what I've been working on:

[Image: bhBQMrc.jpg]

these look better than the real ones........ whow
07-03-2017, 03:30 PM
(07-03-2017 07:32 AM)aurelio Wrote:  these look better than the real ones........ whow

Thanks. And what you see there are the lower-resolution ones -- for nearly all of the ones pictured I've also made high-resolution versions (with 3x zoom displays instead of 2x) for use on high-DPI displays. I don't yet have a high-DPI display to fully test them, but they work (albeit a bit large) on any display with at least 1200 vertical pixels, which is the resolution of my monitors (1920x1200).

Also, when you click the buttons they visibly appear to push in (or rotate up).

The only skin that I haven't yet made that I plan to make before release is one for the 39g+. Unfortunately, one major problem has been finding a photo of sufficiently high quality for that obscure model, which was only made for a few years and apparently in limited quantities -- I have an HP press photo that should work for the 2x version, though the color scheme doesn't match the production color scheme, so if anyone can provide a better photo it would be appreciated, otherwise I will do the best I can with that one. I don't even have one of those of my own to work with!

Also, I am still working on the keyboard mappings for the emulators. The main thing holding that up is trying to decide the best mappings on the 48 and 49 series, particularly a decision on exactly which keys should map to the two shift keys and the alpha key. I took different approaches when I made my 48 and 49 KML scripts in the past, but I'd like to unify them now to make it easier to switch between emulators.

Finally, the KML scripts will be dependent on the next (not-yet-released) versions of Emu48 and Emu42, due to the use of custom icons, which is a KML feature only supported at present by the just-released Emu28, so I won't release them until after the other emulators are released (though that will probably be soon so it's unlikely to hold up the release of my package).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2017, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 10:49 AM by aurelio.)
(07-03-2017 03:30 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 07:32 AM)aurelio Wrote:  these look better than the real ones........ whow

Thanks. And what you see there are the lower-resolution ones -- for nearly all of the ones pictured I've also made high-resolution versions (with 3x zoom displays instead of 2x) for use on high-DPI displays. I don't yet have a high-DPI display to fully test them, but they work (albeit a bit large) on any display with at least 1200 vertical pixels, which is the resolution of my monitors (1920x1200).

Also, when you click the buttons they visibly appear to push in (or rotate up).

The only skin that I haven't yet made that I plan to make before release is one for the 39g+. Unfortunately, one major problem has been finding a photo of sufficiently high quality for that obscure model, which was only made for a few years and apparently in limited quantities -- I have an HP press photo that should work for the 2x version, though the color scheme doesn't match the production color scheme, so if anyone can provide a better photo it would be appreciated, otherwise I will do the best I can with that one. I don't even have one of those of my own to work with!

Also, I am still working on the keyboard mappings for the emulators. The main thing holding that up is trying to decide the best mappings on the 48 and 49 series, particularly a decision on exactly which keys should map to the two shift keys and the alpha key. I took different approaches when I made my 48 and 49 KML scripts in the past, but I'd like to unify them now to make it easier to switch between emulators.

Finally, the KML scripts will be dependent on the next (not-yet-released) versions of Emu48 and Emu42, due to the use of custom icons, which is a KML feature only supported at present by the just-released Emu28, so I won't release them until after the other emulators are released (though that will probably be soon so it's unlikely to hold up the release of my package).

thank-you Eric, did you never think to prepare skins for the other series, the classical ones: I'm wondering how should be pretty for example a 70 emulator which looks just like the one came-out fresh from factory Smile
Unfortunately I've not pictures and my one has a quite "ancient" look
07-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Image for 39G+ from Wikipedia
(07-03-2017 03:30 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  ...
How about looking at the one on Wikipedia? The resolution is pretty high (1,465px × 3,032px). Although the contrast might not be great, it could probably be manipulated.

Alan
07-05-2017, 06:22 PM
(07-05-2017 12:21 PM)striegel Wrote:  How about looking at the one on Wikipedia? The resolution is pretty high (1,465px × 3,032px). Although the contrast might not be great, it could probably be manipulated.

Alan

Thanks for pointing me to that, but that one has very harsh shadows, because it was taken with poor lighting, so unfortunately it is of insufficient quality.

Although my setup is nowhere near as good as the one HP used for their official press photos (which is where I got the images for the ones I've made so far), even my 10-year-old camera can take much more usable photos just with a little effort on lighting, like I did here: http://commerce.hpcalc.org/images/50g-front-medium.jpg

Unfortunately HP seems too disorganized to be able to locate any of their press photos anymore. I know one for the 39g+ was distributed at some point, so others surely must have it, but I never got it, so I don't have it, aside from a downsampled 800 pixel tall version. It wouldn't surprise me if I have a more comprehensive set of HP official press photos of their calculators than HP has anymore, though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2017, 06:50 PM
(07-05-2017 06:22 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  my 10-year-old camera can take much more usable photos just with a little effort on lighting, like I did here: http://commerce.hpcalc.org/images/50g-front-medium.jpg

That looks better than a real-life 50g! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
07-08-2017, 02:17 AM
I am curious about these older HP Calculators emulators/simulators. I have tested the HP 49g Emulator in my PC and Emu48 and the official HP Virtual Calculators released after 2013, including HP Prime. I have some doubts:
1- Is there any emulators or simulators for HP 9g for PC???
2- Is there a freeware HP-16C emulator for PC?
3- Is there any emulator for HP 38G with a ROM image for PC?
07-08-2017, 05:26 PM
(07-08-2017 02:17 AM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  Is there a freeware HP-16C emulator for PC?
try
CNET
EduCalc
to name a few just by Googling 'HP 16c emulator'

BEST!
SlideRule
07-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Including the HP-01 watch, I've ended up with 51 HP emulators, an HP printer emulator, 3c Casio's, 2x Sharps, 2x TI's & a couple of Russian calculator emulators as well as a Sinclair Z88 & an HP 200LX emulator.

I was bored, & ended up looking for a HP27S emulator, & the search just carried on!

I'm missing an HP-22S emulator to complete the algebraic range.

Regards,
Robin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)