HP-92 Simulator
06-26-2017, 04:17 AM
HP-92 Simulator
Hi all,

After much frustration and many headaches (and I'm sure a few more to come), the HP-92 simulator is available for download at http://www.teenix.org

It seems ok, but was very complicated to get running so I'm sure it will need something repaired.

This is probably the last one I can do :-(

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: HP-92 Simulator
(06-26-2017 04:17 AM)teenix Wrote:  This is probably the last one I can do :-(

cheers

Tony

And with all the spare time on your hands you can have another go at making the other calculators work on my board ;-P
06-26-2017, 04:52 PM
(06-26-2017 04:17 AM)teenix Wrote:  Hi all,

After much frustration and many headaches (and I'm sure a few more to come), the HP-92 simulator is available for download at http://www.teenix.org

It seems ok, but was very complicated to get running so I'm sure it will need something repaired.

cheers

Tony

It works great! Do you know of anyplace I can download Standard Pac images?
I know I can type them in from the manual but it would be great to have photo images of the cards at least.

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-26-2017, 07:02 PM
(06-26-2017 04:52 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  ... download Standard Pac images? ... it would be great to have photo images of the cards ...

For a model 92, I'm confused with respect to cards; for a model 97, however.

BEST!
SlideRule
06-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Tony, thanks for persevering. I'm looking forward to downloading it once my Windows 7 machine is back from the repair shop.

Regards,
Bob
06-27-2017, 03:03 AM
(06-26-2017 12:38 PM)Harald Wrote:  And with all the spare time on your hands you can have another go at making the other calculators work on my board ;-P

I thought that was all working?

Spare time will be a thing of the past for my foreseeable future. I have been offered a chief flying instructor job, funnily enough at the flight school I leant to fly at, so I will be up to my old greying hairs with manuals, rules and regs to sift through for some time to come.

I have a new idea for the hardware emulator, but it probably wont be realised due to those time problems.

cheers

Tony
06-27-2017, 03:07 AM

It works great! Do you know of anyplace I can download Standard Pac images?
I know I can type them in from the manual but it would be great to have photo images of the cards at least.
[/quote]

Thanks

If you are referring to HP65, then the HP65 download at http://www.teenix.org has card images and the programs for all of Standard Pac 1. They are not hi res, but ok for their size.

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s)
.bmp  STD 02A.bmp (Size: 22.61 KB / Downloads: 7)
06-27-2017, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the great work: I really enjoy playing around with your the simulators.
06-27-2017, 07:20 AM
(06-27-2017 03:03 AM)teenix Wrote:  I have been offered a chief flying instructor job, funnily enough at the flight school I leant to fly at, so I will be up to my old greying hairs with manuals, rules and regs to sift through for some time to come.

You didn't mention the crazy student pilots who are trying to kill you Smile

Pauli
06-27-2017, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2017 11:33 AM by Harald.)
(06-27-2017 03:03 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 12:38 PM)Harald Wrote:  And with all the spare time on your hands you can have another go at making the other calculators work on my board ;-P

I thought that was all working?

Spare time will be a thing of the past for my foreseeable future. I have been offered a chief flying instructor job, funnily enough at the flight school I leant to fly at, so I will be up to my old greying hairs with manuals, rules and regs to sift through for some time to come.

I have a new idea for the hardware emulator, but it probably wont be realised due to those time problems.

cheers

Tony

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun job! If I ever travel to Australia, I'll have to visit you Smile I've flown gliders a couple of times, but that was 25 years ago...

The last status was:

teenix Wrote:Hi Harald,

I rebuilt the software with the code you just returned, and I'm sure there will be a bug, but we'll see how it goes.

I didn't want to bother you anymore. But so far 35, 45, 70 and 80 work properly.

I have another hardware for your emulator in the pipeline as well, but I am not sure if it will work. If it does, it uses your standard PIC code, and is a desktop calculator with a landscape keyboard layout using cherry keys and VFD displays.
I'll keep you updated.

Another VFD project with a Classic based desktop calculator in the background:
[Image: clock1hz12.jpg]

Cheers,
Harald
06-27-2017, 11:14 AM
(06-27-2017 10:59 AM)Harald Wrote:  If I ever travel to Australia, I'll have to visit you Smile

Me too? Smile

Pauli
06-27-2017, 11:24 AM
(06-27-2017 07:20 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 03:03 AM)teenix Wrote:  I have been offered a chief flying instructor job, funnily enough at the flight school I leant to fly at, so I will be up to my old greying hairs with manuals, rules and regs to sift through for some time to come.

You didn't mention the crazy student pilots who are trying to kill you Smile

Pauli

Ahhh, but I get my revenge if they become trainee instructors because I get to be the student that they hope they'll never see again :-)

cheers

Tony
06-27-2017, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2017 11:27 AM by Harald.)
(06-27-2017 11:14 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 10:59 AM)Harald Wrote:  If I ever travel to Australia, I'll have to visit you Smile

Me too? Smile

Pauli

Are you asking if you can visit Tony? Or if I would visit you? [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdkQ0w-EFYtBmXssGbiih...4ssPKC6OEc]
06-27-2017, 11:37 AM
(06-27-2017 10:59 AM)Harald Wrote:  Congratulations! Sounds like a fun job! If I ever travel to Australia, I'll have to visit you Smile I've flown gliders a couple of times, but that was 25 years ago...

... But so far 35, 45, 70 and 80 work properly.

I have another hardware for your emulator in the pipeline as well, but I am not sure if it will work. If it does, it uses your standard PIC code, and is a desktop calculator with a landscape keyboard layout using cherry keys and VFD displays.
I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
Harald

All the PIC code is common, just the HP Microcode ROM changes depending on the model you choose.

It is probably that the key press lookup tables for the faulty models were not all changed to suit the original HP key layout.

Sounds like a nice project.

I figure I could have used 128K of 8 BIT external EEPROM to hold the microcode for all calculators, or a different 40 pin PIC with larger memory Eg 18F series which can do the same without external parts. I looked into OLED displays but could not find a suitable size to replace the LED displays.

I'll keep a 'coldy' in the fridge if you turn up :-)

cheers

Tony
06-27-2017, 11:39 AM
(06-27-2017 11:25 AM)Harald Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 11:14 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Me too? Smile
Pauli

Are you asking if you can visit Tony? Or if I would visit you? [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdkQ0w-EFYtBmXssGbiih...4ssPKC6OEc]

If so, I'll keep a few more 'coldies' in the fridge then, but they won't last long :-)

cheers

Tony
06-27-2017, 12:15 PM
(06-27-2017 11:37 AM)teenix Wrote:  All the PIC code is common, just the HP Microcode ROM changes depending on the model you choose.

It is probably that the key press lookup tables for the faulty models were not all changed to suit the original HP key layout.

Maybe, but I didn't manage to find the problem. If I remember correctly I get a blank display with some models and a non responsive calculator with others. You can flash your HP45 with the images and see for yourself if you find the time to do so.

(06-27-2017 11:37 AM)teenix Wrote:  Sounds like a nice project.

I figure I could have used 128K of 8 BIT external EEPROM to hold the microcode for all calculators, or a different 40 pin PIC with larger memory Eg 18F series which can do the same without external parts. I looked into OLED displays but could not find a suitable size to replace the LED displays.

That would be brilliant! I am happy to do the hardware design for that if that would help in any way.
If the VFD idea works, I am sure I can modify the hardware to your requirements, so you can have a go at the software.
The keyboard layout is back to the 6x6 matrix you used on your original design.

(06-27-2017 11:37 AM)teenix Wrote:  I'll keep a 'coldy' in the fridge if you turn up :-)

I'll give you enough of an advance warning should I decide to get on a plane to Austraila. So no need to put it in the fridge just yet. Smile

(06-27-2017 11:37 AM)teenix Wrote:  cheers

Tony

Cheers,
Harald
06-28-2017, 03:21 AM
(06-27-2017 11:25 AM)Harald Wrote:  Are you asking if you can visit Tony? Or if I would visit you?

Both? Smile

Pauli
06-28-2017, 06:44 AM
(06-28-2017 03:21 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 11:25 AM)Harald Wrote:  Are you asking if you can visit Tony? Or if I would visit you?

Both? Smile

Pauli

Ok, will do Smile

We probably will travel to Australia when the children are older and they can appreciate the journey. So it will be a couple of years before I get there.
06-28-2017, 09:13 PM
(06-26-2017 04:17 AM)teenix Wrote:  Hi all,

cheers

Tony
I just got it, and it is very slow in response for me...it works, but the key response is very slow...
06-28-2017, 10:29 PM
I just got it, and it is very slow in response for me...it works, but the key response is very slow...
[/quote]

What Windows version are you using? I've only been able to test on Win7.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)