Here we go.... (48G fixing and MEMORY UPGRADE)
06-02-2017, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 05:07 AM by lemontea.)
RE: Here we go.... (48G fixing and MEMORY UPGRADE)
LOL I am getting down voted by the Imgur community!

I guess those kids don't like pictures of old calculators and bad LCD screens! Hahaha!

Hope that I don't get banned from Imgur if I get too many downvotes! Not kidding. Don't know how these newfangled image sharing sites work.

I got -2 points so far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 05:11 AM
Note that the annunciator does NOT turn off even after powering off the calculator.

And by the way, this PCB is actually from the first 48G, the one with the corroded contacts. So, we at least know it works.

Are the PCBs all-or-nothing when it comes to functioning? I could not initiate the self-tests. Somehow it won't let me, although I tried a few simple calculations.

The CPU speed also seems quite slow refreshing the screen. It is noticeable when first powering up and seeing the initial splash screen.
06-02-2017, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 08:16 AM by pier4r.)
(06-02-2017 05:06 AM)lemontea Wrote:  LOL I am getting down voted by the Imgur community!

I guess those kids don't like pictures of old calculators and bad LCD screens! Hahaha!

Hope that I don't get banned from Imgur if I get too many downvotes! Not kidding. Don't know how these newfangled image sharing sites work.

I got -2 points so far.

I'm at - 300 because people expect a complete story there, not random pictures. I learned to put the pictures not public, therefore reachable only by link.

The more downvotes, the slower you can upload per day.

Also you can bring here at least a thumbnail of the picture not just the link. Imgur is pretty useful if you get to know how to use it.

Edit

I saw you were successful but the entire calculator seems to have been hit by a truck.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
06-02-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 08:20 AM by lemontea.)
Not successful. The calculator does not work normally, and the annunciator does not turn off. Definitely not a unit that I would do calculations on.

Fortunately I have intact, working 48Gs!

This remains an ongoing project... if I had a 3D printer I would make some better parts to experiment with.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)