Question on installing a App...
05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Question on installing a App...
I want to install the 3D Graping App...When I unzipped the file, it results in a folder called "Grpgh3d.". Directly within that folder is another folder of the same name that has the contents...My question is, do I just drag the folder with the contents to the Content section of the Connectivity kit, or do I also drag the top level folder that has the folder within itself?....Also, do I drag the stuff in the Connectivity kit Content section over the unexpanded Calculator name at the top right or do I expand the calculator name to show its content with the already there APP names etc....exactly how to I install the 2D Graphing App...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: Question on installing a App...
Drag and drop the zip into your calculator tree window. That will probably be all you need.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-01-2017, 04:02 AM
The most recent version of Graph3D (I am assuming that is what you are referring to) should simply be the hpappdir zipped up. When you unzip it, you should simply see a folder named Graph3D.hpappdir which you can drag into the calculator via the connectivity kit.

The installation instructions are here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-95.html

At the bottom of the first post (above) should be a link to the manual which has more detailed installation instructions.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
06-02-2017, 05:08 PM
(06-01-2017 04:02 AM)Han Wrote:  The most recent version of Graph3D (I am assuming that is what you are referring to) should simply be the hpappdir zipped up. When you unzip it, you should simply see a folder named Graph3D.hpappdir which you can drag into the calculator via the connectivity kit.

The installation instructions are here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-95.html

At the bottom of the first post (above) should be a link to the manual which has more detailed installation instructions.

Yes, but that does not answer my question...After I unzip it I have a folder and that folder has the same named folder with contents inside that folder......Do I use the folder at the top level or do I go into the next to the top level and use that one?????
06-02-2017, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 05:33 PM by Tim Wessman.)
1. Don't unzip it (to connkit will handle it directly if you drag and drop)
2. Or, drag the .hppappdir file.

#1 is the best. Assuming the author correctly packaged it, you are good to go directly. Your unzipping program is nesting things inside another directory.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-03-2017, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 06:26 AM by zeno333.)
I am looking at the directions, and the Shift-Number key combo does nothing, (to change grid-size...)and the View key just brings up one screen for viewing angles...
06-03-2017, 01:44 PM
(06-03-2017 06:25 AM)zeno333 Wrote:  I am looking at the directions, and the Shift-Number key combo does nothing, (to change grid-size...)and the View key just brings up one screen for viewing angles...

1. Make sure you are running the most recent firmware.
2. Check that the app was properly installed. If you press [Shift][1] to access the program browser, you should see an entry named Equation Library (App) at the top of the screen. Its size should be 100KB or larger. If you have a size that is significantly smaller, then the app was not properly installed.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)