User Keys sometimes effectless?
03-05-2014, 06:00 AM
User Keys sometimes effectless?
Hi everybody,
this is referencing to the initial post http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-757.html. I think that one is a little unstructured right now so I'll keep the questions short.
One of the customized user keys I am currently working on is KS_Minus(), namely base.
Doing base calculations means homeview.

I found out that if there is an integer constant on level one the nature of being a user key is ignored and the integrated program is started. Launching it on purpose e.g. using F6 would be welcome, of course. Especially that window suffers from severe flickering. Can you turn on buffered drawing somewhere?

How can I keep the user functionality of KS_Minus when there is an integer constant as argument? (and what command would start the dialogue)

thanks a lot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 04:48 PM by Han.)
RE: User Keys sometimes effectless?
I understand your post as asking how to create a user key that behaves like a built-in key action -- is that correct? If so, by simply having your user-defined key program return the key number, it will then launch the default key behavior. So you can create a program and have it do whatever you wish, and then simply have a RETURN(key_value) command to have the last action be the action of the key associated with key_value.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: User Keys sometimes effectless?
(03-05-2014 06:00 AM)Angus Wrote:  How can I keep the user functionality of KS_Minus when there is an integer constant as argument? (and what command would start the dialogue)

For now, this is not possible. There are certain keys that cannot even be redefined. Hopefully HP will address this issue in their next firmware update.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)