Copies of USER, PPC-Denmark Newsletter
03-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Copies of USER, PPC-Denmark Newsletter
A recent post referred to some files in the SWAPDK swap-disk, found on the ftp archives and in Joe Horn's OLDP (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2520.html). That swap-disk was apparently donated by the PPC-Denmark chapter, and many of the programs and text files refer to articles in the "USER newsletter", which sounds like a newsletter generated by that chapter. All documents and notes are in English, so I imagine the USER newsletter was in English as well.

Does anyone have digital copies of the USER newsletter issues?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Copies of USER, PPC-Denmark Newsletter
PPC Denmark published the journal USER between 1981 and 1988-9 with 4 to 6 issues per year.
The magazine was only published in Danish.
I have PDF copies of 1984-1986.

.pdf  1985-4.pdf (Size: 1,007.61 KB / Downloads: 80)
03-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Lets see how Google translate does:

Code:
PPC Denmark is an association that deals with -HewlettPackard
Calculators and mikrocornputere. Its aim is
to increase the yield of users of these machines, by exchanging
tips, information and programs.
03-25-2017, 01:39 AM
(03-24-2017 09:29 PM)Jakob Sorensen Wrote:  PPC Denmark published the journal USER between 1981 and 1988-9 with 4 to 6 issues per year.
The magazine was only published in Danish.
I have PDF copies of 1984-1986.

Thanks for confirming this Jakob, and for the sample issue. I will contact you off-list about some other copies. I can by no means read even a single word of Danish, however the code (and most of the comments therein) is in English, so it could well be useful material.

--Bob Prosperi
10-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Looking in my treasure chest I found hard copies of User from 1980 (Volume 1, Issue 2 - I do not have the very first issue any more) through 1993 (Volume 13, Issue 4). I was co-editor of this journal from 1983 Volume 3 Issue 5+6 through 1988 Volume 8 Issue 3 - most with barcodes for all HP-41 programs which took a lot of time to make... All issues are in Danish, but with an English summary at the end.

The best issue (in my opinion) was 1987 Volume 7 Issue 3 (in English) which contains the proceedings from "The International Conference of HP Handheld Computer Users Copenhagen 1987" which I helped arrange. This includes two HEPAX related articles: "Introducing the HEPAX module for the HP-41" and "Introduction to HP-41 M-code".

I do not know if these journals exist in scanned version - apart from the below PDF copies for 1984-1986.

Regards,
Steen
10-03-2023, 12:07 PM
About a year or two ago, someone was selling some issues of USER (the printed booklets from PPC-Denmark) on a danish platform for selling and buying called "Den Blå Avis" (dba.dk)... unfortunately I was too slow and I didn't grab these issues. Sad
From my studying years in Denmark, I have the following printed issues:
1988, 8. årgang (eighth year) issues 1-3.
1989, 9. årgang (ninth year) testing issue (two pieces of this)
1989, 9. årgang (ninth year) issues 1-2.
1990, 10. årgang (tenth year) issues 1-3.
In the last issue that I have, I had published a HP-28S version of the periodic table - this program was also published in a HPCC Datafile issue (V14N4P21)... take a look at the HPCC site and search for my name... Wink
Enjoy your HP calculators and stay healthy!
Martin Pedersen.
P.S.: Last week I received my HP-15C CE... very nice!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)