Norand ram card battery replacement
10-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Norand ram card battery replacement
Hi folks,

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but how do I change the battery of the Norand 128k card for the 48GX?

As I'm sending most my 48 to repair due to the toasted display due the hot weather of my city, then I found this ram card inside one GX, and I have not a clue how it get there Smile

Probably more than 20 years stuck in there. I vaguely remember being interested in metakernel at some point, so maybe be it. At this point, the battery is long gone,

There's no indication of battery holder. I'm almost destroying the thing just to see the infamous battery!

Any help would highly appreciated

TIA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2023, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2023 02:31 PM by Kiwi.)
RE: Norand ram card battery replacement
Hi,

Turn the card on it's back. On the right side of the read/write switch there's a small groove in the black border of the card, it's around 1cm long. Put your thumbnail in the groove and your index on the back side and gently pull out the battery slot out of the card.

See also picture attached.

10-03-2023, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2023 05:37 PM by Jlouis.)
RE: Norand ram card battery replacement
(10-03-2023 02:30 PM)Kiwi Wrote:  Hi,

Turn the card on it's back. On the right side of the read/write switch there's a small groove in the black border of the card, it's around 1cm long. Put your thumbnail in the groove and your index on the back side and gently pull out the battery slot out of the card.

See also picture attached.

Thank you Kiwi, you're always helpful

It was stuck. After broken my nails several times, the thing went off.

Let's hope it is working. These things cost a fortune these days.

Cheers

JL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)