32SII Question
03-07-2017, 06:37 PM
32SII Question
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have a inquiry for the group about the 32SII. I recently found an unopened one new in the original package and I know nothing about it. I opened it to see if it works, ran the diagnostic on it, and all checked out. Hard to believe, the original batteries still work after 20 years. My question - is this a valued model and something which may be of interest to collectors? The box is dated 1995 and indicates that it was constructed in Indonesia if that is significant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: 32SII Question
(03-07-2017 06:37 PM)mhikade Wrote:  Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have a inquiry for the group about the 32SII. I recently found an unopened one new in the original package and I know nothing about it. I opened it to see if it works, ran the diagnostic on it, and all checked out. Hard to believe, the original batteries still work after 20 years. My question - is this a valued model and something which may be of interest to collectors? The box is dated 1995 and indicates that it was constructed in Indonesia if that is significant.

A brand new calculator with original box and contents could fetch a decent amount from collectors. You could always check auction sites and the histories on the 32SII for the ranges in price.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
03-07-2017, 08:04 PM
I paid $80 on an auction site for one with a case and manual, presumably you could get at least that in like-new with box.
03-07-2017, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 08:22 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

(03-07-2017 06:37 PM)mhikade Wrote:  My question - is this a valued model and something which may be of interest to collectors?

200 Dollars/Pounds/Euros easily. Either here in the classifieds or on eBay. If you list it on eBay, please don't sell it to "United States only". Selling internationally is really simple and the postage for such an item to anywhere in the world is not more than 25$. Selling worldwide will at least triplicate the number of interested persons over USA only.

Regards
Max

NB: No, I am not interested as I already have one of those in my collection and am generally not much interested in 1980ies and onward stuff. LEDs and Panaplex rule!
03-07-2017, 08:47 PM
(03-07-2017 06:37 PM)mhikade Wrote:  My question - is this a valued model and something which may be of interest to collectors?

There were 2 color schemes for the HP-32SII. The original scheme used Orange and Blue shift-keys and labels, while later production used aqua and lavender shift-keys and labels. Include that in your description if you list here in the Classifieds area, it will cut down on the number of questions you get. Also, include the serial number (on back of case) for the same reason.

And even though those old original batteries did work, suggest you remove them as they could leak at any time.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)