Another Bug in Solve command.
03-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Another Bug in Solve command.
Hello, another error I found is with the following equation
solve(y=x^2-2 AND x+2*y=-1, {x,y}) the HP Prime show only the answer x=1 y=-1 but the other answer is missing
x= -3/2 y=1/4
This answer shown by the nspire CX CAS.

I like the HP Prime and I thing that is wonderful in graphics and programming, but the CAS must be well polished.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Another Bug in Solve command.
This works fine for me both on the physical Prime and the Android app with the latest version (and simplify maximum)

[Image: 79135420170304193002.jpg]

What do you get if you type: about(x,y)?
03-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Hello, thanks for your reply. I made the calculation and in my HP Prime physics only gives an answer, however in the virtual calculator and in my application of the cell phone yes it gives the two correct answers, it is very strange because I have the version 2016 08 29 (10637) and CAS version : 1.1.2-11 and Operating System: V0.048.635 when using the VERSION command that comes in the catalog of the calculator. Typing the about (x, y) command gives me

[[ [] [0. 10.][0. 10.]] y ] In the physical calculator

and [x y] in the virtual calculator on PC and the application Android.
03-04-2017, 10:24 PM
I have the 10637 version in the physical calculator, but I have seen that in the emulator of the pc and the virtual calculator is the version 11226, from where I can download that version for the HP Prime Physics?
03-04-2017, 11:38 PM
so what about "purge(x)" before trying something like that, a variable in CAS that is assigned to some value usually leads to unexpected results.
Arno
03-05-2017, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 12:00 AM by Han.)
(03-04-2017 11:38 PM)Arno K Wrote:  so what about "purge(x)" before trying something like that, a variable in CAS that is assigned to some value usually leads to unexpected results.
Arno

Additionally, you may want to check if your variables exist as an app variable or home variable.

HVars; // this returns a list of Home variables
AVars; // this returns a list of the current app's variables

If your variables (presumably x and y) are defined as Home or app variables, these may be additional points of conflict in using the solve() command. To delete, use DelAVars("name of variable") -- and similarly for HVars

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
03-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Perfect !!! Thank you very much, actually type the command purge (x) and deleted the value that the x contained and then I actually entered the expression and gave me the two correct answers !!! Interesting! How could it be assigned that value to the variable x ?, I do not remember doing it, but thanks for the tip !!!

Thank you both for your help, and what is the latest update for Prime physical?
03-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Hi Han, I have already digitized both HVars and AVars commands and the value of "x" no longer appears in the list, other variables that I created before but do not appear x and y and now the answer is correct. I looked for these commands in the catalog but I did not find them, must they always be typed or hidden in some other menu? Thank you very much.
03-05-2017, 12:29 AM
No, HVARS and AVARS are no commands, the name says it : HVARS are Home- Variables and AVARS are application- Variables, Searching this Forum will, I hope, provide enough information to understand.
Arno
03-05-2017, 12:41 AM
(03-05-2017 12:29 AM)Arno K Wrote:  No, HVARS and AVARS are no commands, the name says it : HVARS are Home- Variables and AVARS are application- Variables, Searching this Forum will, I hope, provide enough information to understand.
Arno

Yes, I undestand now. But these instructions should always be typed in the calculator? The calculator catalog should show all the commands and instructions that are used and that are installed at the factory.
03-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Sorry, I already found the HVars variable in the Start menu by pressing the Vars key and the AVars variable in the application menu. Thank you

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)