Wishlist
02-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Wishlist
1. The ability to redirect 'terminal' output to a note for saving.
2. Support of USB storage devices (SD catds, discs) for backup and extended file store
3. (perhaps catered to by 1.) The ability to save a graphic to an SVG file for transfer
to a PC for display/print -- plotting the floating point data in SVG, not a grainy little bitmap.
4. Extended list handling and a LISP app! Maybe APL as well!
5. Calendar functions a la HP-41 Time module etc.
6. Maybe a bit of a think about Alpha/Shift utility -- I find it pretty annoying to have to drop
out of alpha to stick () in.

Anyone else have ideas (other than making it work better generally)?
Presumably at this early stage we might still reasonably expect to influence the future
as well as passively reporting bugs in what has been delivered to us.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Wishlist
1/4/5 +1!

Also. how about RPN syntax as an option for CAS, and RPL support as an option for programming, with compiled local variables. Then, I'd be set!

But wait, I wouldn't need to buy a HP51G, so maybe that isn't a good business model . . .

Wink
02-26-2014, 01:48 AM
(02-26-2014 01:10 AM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  1/4/5 +1!

Also. how about RPN syntax as an option for CAS, and RPL support as an option for programming, with compiled local variables. Then, I'd be set!

But wait, I wouldn't need to buy a HP51G, so maybe that isn't a good business model . . .

Wink

Call me old fashioned, but I think a new model should sell on its improved hardware
performance ;-) You might argue the Prime's processor and memory are a bit jaded already
given the probable time it took to get it into the shops. So maybe I'll add:

7. Field replacable motherboard or chips:-)))))
02-26-2014, 03:17 AM
(02-26-2014 12:55 AM)ColinJDenman Wrote:  6. Maybe a bit of a think about Alpha/Shift utility -- I find it pretty annoying to have to drop out of alpha to stick () in.

To me this is the biggest issue of the items on the list, and likely the easiest to fix (e.g. long press "N" to get () or something more clever).

And idea 1 would be great, e.g. if we could "send" terminal output to, say, a Prime Note.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)