Help. Mad! HP35S "MEMORY CLEAR"
01-21-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 10:16 AM by Vtile.)
Help. Mad! HP35S "MEMORY CLEAR"
Can be romeved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Help. Mad! HP35S "MEMORY CLEAR"
(01-21-2017 09:46 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Can be romeved.

Not exactly sure what the problem is, but if you're regularly getting "MEMORY CLEAR" on the HP-35s then likely you require new batteries.
2 x CR2032 both inserted with the "+" side visible
Get ones made by a reputable manufacturer and from a reliable source.

Regards

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2017, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 08:47 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Help. Mad! HP35S "MEMORY CLEAR"
Thank you for your explanations and help.

Yes, my calc did go mad with this memory clear message and tilting. It were flashing some indication mark at the right upper corner for some weeks, but I'm not sure I did always see it - maybe I have a selective memory symptom here - (I only use it like once a week as a 4-banger) while my 50g is out of reach on other workdesk. That is why I weren't to hurry to changing batteries, while I need to make a note that I weren't sure it were those, but I assumed with half a brain that it is some sort of early running low indicator.

Then while calculating something and clearing the stack with that normal delete key or what it is called It just started to flashing this message.

I tried to reset it several times and I even took the batteries away for a short amount of time, but it didn't normalise. After I did wrote this post and got a cup of coffee it were normalised.. Interesting fact is that the marker/indicator on the righ hand corner is now (a few days ago when I used it) gone and the calculator still have the same (original batteries on it). So I edited my original post (to can be removed - I worded it badly I now notice) as at this time I realised that it must have been somesort of battery related thing.

I now have new ones in hand, but I will not change them yet, since I want to see what happens in future.

I'm not sure did the memory really been wiped out, since IIRC I didn't have anything stored on it.. maybe .. OK ... I turned it on right now and did press clear and "memory clear" appeared again... I'll go now to my multimeter and laboratory powersupply to make some testing.

EDIT: It is pretty obvious that it is BATTERY related thing. I tested removing one battery at time, calculator turns off and is not turning on. I also measured the batteries and they show only 2.7 voltages average (nominal voltage is 3.2 volts) depending witch kind of load (multimeter) I measure them. Even with one new CR2032 and it works.
I would have assumed it shows a clear message on sceen "Batteries alert" or similar, but it seems that the TINY TRIANGLE is what one should keep eye of.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)