Woodstock
01-21-2017, 06:46 AM
RE: Woodstock
I do wonder why TOP.FCN is present on the keyboard. With the extra row for the menus, the top row functions won't ever be replaced.

Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2017, 05:36 PM
feeding frenzy
Massimo;
Less than three months ago you answered someone's post about the DM43P, the exact name that I used, without rattling off several more, illistrated, on why he was wrong. His was #1. Yours was #2. Is there something about me that you need to keep inventing things to prove me "wrong"? I think it's really about the time we disagreed on what to do with the former member who kept personally insulting people here, and joked about dozens of Americans being murdered. I listed my reasons. You disagreed with them. I let you have the last word. That should end it.
BTW: In the western hemisphere- the term I used that you didn't like, "Paisan", is interchangeable with Countryman, cousin, friend I just met, and/or brother from another mother. It is not first-or even second, a mafia movie word. No Italian, or Spanish speaker from the Americas would have thought so.

I have to make little decisions here. It has averaged out to about one per week, usually concerning the spam software's auto detect but not always. I have made a mistake. I will make another. I need to explain this though:

New people sign up here. One is going to "roll into a discussion" as one did. He's going to see something I did, not like it, know nothing but that, and that you have to correct me for things that don't exist or don't matter when anyone else does them. Then he climbs on me and I have to deal with it. Let's avoid that. How about you and Guenter only call me on something that's real enough so you will call someone else on it when they do the exact same thing.
01-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Den:

(01-21-2017 05:36 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Massimo;
Less than three months ago you answered someone's post about the DM43P, the exact name that I used, without rattling off several more, illistrated, on why he was wrong. His was #1. Yours was #2. Is there something about me that you need to keep inventing things to prove me "wrong"?

Actually that post was about the DM12L, a "DM43L" was cited en passant and I may just have overlooked it or simply taken it for a typo (you know: 2 and 3 are side by side...).
After all it is not my job to scrutinize each and every post.

I think you are overreacting: in my first post here above, after reading Anetzer's and yours, I thought you both were really talking about the landscape DM42L, since you linked the video of its prototype on youtube.
So I wanted to be sure what you were really referring to.

(01-21-2017 05:36 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  I think it's really about the time we disagreed on what to do with the former member who kept personally insulting people here, and joked about dozens of Americans being murdered. I listed my reasons. You disagreed with them. I let you have the last word. That should end it.

I see you dutifully keep record of all our past post exchanges...
However you think wrong: I don't personally know WB, didn't always and completely agreed with him and his views and ideas. I liked to joke with him sometimes on more or less futile arguments. But I disagreed with your POV at the time, I made one post where I wrote about my personal views on the matter. And stop.

(01-21-2017 05:36 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  BTW: In the western hemisphere- the term I used that you didn't like, "Paisan", is interchangeable with Countryman, cousin, friend I just met, and/or brother from another mother. It is not first-or even second, a mafia movie word. No Italian, or Spanish speaker from the Americas would have thought so.

Well, well, well. So you are explaining to an italian, living in Italy, how an italian word is used in common language and its meaning. Fine. :)
BTW: the western hemisphere is just a little broader than you think.
But let's forget about it: you used it with a meaning and I associated it to another, maybe because I don't like that term.

I don't think anybody wants to "climb on you", as you write. We know that me, you, anyone, can have a bad day and read things that really aren't there. I didn't mean to correct you for the sake of it, or to be rude. And I think the same for all the other following posters.

And now, if you want, you can put me on vacation. After all, after 20 years here around, maybe I deserve it.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Whatth are you doing with a neat little Woodstock thread? ;/

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
01-21-2017, 09:52 PM
(01-21-2017 09:44 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Whatth are you doing with a neat little Woodstock thread? ;/

Bernhard

You're right Bernhard, we hijacked it. :(

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2017, 04:28 AM
Brand new case design, key double width key design, new assembly & manufacturing instructions, different BOM, lots of internal logistics to manage the new parts. I'd guess quite a lot and that's not including any software effort required.

Industrial design and manufacturing are a lot of work.

- Pauli
01-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Do you really want a bug ridden piece of excrement produced by Kinpo?
Their track record isn't good.

I the 35S were reprogrammable, we'd have done something decent with it but sadly it had OTP ROM.

- Pauli
01-23-2017, 07:29 AM
I don't think the 15C LE was Kinpo....

Pauli
01-23-2017, 08:27 AM
I'm willing to wait for PANAMATX's 25 equivalent calculator.ccI'm willing to design the layout and most of the firmware for this device. I'm not up to Walter's level of layout but I can probably do something semi-decent.

Pauli
01-23-2017, 10:54 AM
(01-23-2017 07:23 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  How do you insert a photo attachment into posts at a reasonably larger viewable scale without them appearing as unintelligible small icons?

You are using the forum's attachment function. Here files are shown as small thumbnails. Log in and click on it, and you'll see the full size picture.

If you want to insert larger pictures in your post without this additional click you may use the "insert image" function (icon on top of the editor window). In this case you can use images hosted on your website (or somewhere else on the internet). For instance this picture from the museum's website:

[Image: 25c3q.jpg]

(I hope it's OK to use this image for demonstrating the IMG function).

(01-23-2017 07:23 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  Paul, no-one, not even Kinpo, would be capable of stuffing up the pure simplicity & perfection of the HP-25, & the HP-25 is all that the majority of people need & require in a basic calculator.

If the 25 is simple and perfect, what is the 29 then ?-)

Dieter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)