Halfnut HP 41CX repair help
01-16-2017, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 02:19 PM by jay.)
Halfnut HP 41CX repair help
I have two Halfnut HP 41CXs that both had corrosion on the I/O block and the I/O block connectors on the main PCB. I cleaned the corrosion, and managed to kind of get them working a bit before screwing the case halves back together by holding the cases together in just the right way, though some keys would be unresponsive if I didn't hold the cases together just right. The screw posts and wells look to be intact.

Now, after putting the screws back, neither calculator showed any life. I left the batteries out for a while, and then put them back in and pressed the ON button. I got the MEMORY LOST message, but it was either unresponsive to other keys or I would get strange behaviour from some keys - for example the MEMORY LOST message would shift in the display, or all the annunciators would light. I then removed and immediately replaced the batteries - the calculators showed no life. The behaviour of both units is quite similar.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2017, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 05:18 AM by jay.)
RE: Halfnut HP 41CX repair help
I turns out the I/O block flex PCBs were more damaged than I thought - I tested them with an I/O block from a good HP-41, and they both worked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)