Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
05-22-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
I finally got time to pick the manuals from post office where they have been a few days. The overall thicness of the manuals are pretty impressive. Big Grin

Excellent quality thank you a ton dizzy for making this happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 06:49 AM by Anders.)
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
My AUR arrived (in WA, US) today and it looks great!!!

Thank you, Dizzy, for arranging this! Outstanding job!
06-09-2017, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 12:33 AM by Gerson W. Barbosa.)
I received two emails on May 6th about them, but still not here. I was expecting some delay because of the yearly mailmen's strike here, but not that long (the strike ended about three weeks ago). There must be some backlog to handle, I presume. Anyway, are there tracknumbers I can check?
Thank you very much,
Gerson.
06-09-2017, 09:58 AM
(06-09-2017 12:32 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  I received two emails on May 6th about them, but still not here. I was expecting some delay because of the yearly mailmen's strike here, but not that long (the strike ended about three weeks ago). There must be some backlog to handle, I presume. Anyway, are there tracknumbers I can check?
Thank you very much,
Gerson.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the manuals were sent without tracking. If they don't turn up soon, I'll make enquiries with Royal Mail.
06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
No problem! I've forgotten to mention that previously I've waited up to 45 days for parcels shipped from England, even when tracking numbers were available. In all cases destination Customs were responsible for the delay.
06-20-2017, 06:59 PM
(06-09-2017 09:58 AM)dizzy Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 12:32 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  I received two emails on May 6th about them, but still not here. I was expecting some delay because of the yearly mailmen's strike here, but not that long (the strike ended about three weeks ago). There must be some backlog to handle, I presume. Anyway, are there tracknumbers I can check?
Thank you very much,
Gerson.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the manuals were sent without tracking. If they don't turn up soon, I'll make enquiries with Royal Mail.

The AUR manual has arrived! Very nice, thank you very much!
I had to pick it up in the Post Office because the package wouldn't fit in my mailbox.
I'll let you know when the other manual arrives.

Gerson.
06-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Just picked up the User's Guide. Worth the wait!
06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
(06-27-2017 06:33 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Just picked up the User's Guide. Worth the wait!

Excellent! Glad to hear the manuals arrived safely.
08-31-2017, 09:51 PM
If there is a 4th bunch planned, I am interested in buying both.
Arno
09-02-2017, 07:43 PM
If these are being sent from within the EU I wound probably be interested

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
09-02-2017, 10:05 PM
(09-02-2017 07:43 PM)HP67 Wrote:  If these are being sent from within the EU I wound probably be interested

First page, last post: shipping from GB to US, price in Pounds, so I think they come from Britain (still in the EU, hopefully until we get the Manuals).
Arno
09-03-2017, 12:28 AM
(09-02-2017 10:05 PM)Arno K Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 07:43 PM)HP67 Wrote:  If these are being sent from within the EU I wound probably be interested

First page, last post: shipping from GB to US, price in Pounds, so I think they come from Britain (still in the EU, hopefully until we get the Manuals).
Arno
The HP 50g manuals were roughly £29 GBP (around $36 USD) for each manual. That included the cost of printing the manual and the shipping charges for each manual, shipped separately to the U.S. Dizzy was nice enough to collect the names of those interested, collected the money, printed, packed and shipped each manual across the globe. A tremendously difficult and time consuming effort. There was no shipping costs to be saved from combining the two manuals together to ship as one package, therefore each manual came separately.
I'll leave it up to Dizzy to respond if he's willing to take on a 4th printing. (...and yes, Dizzy's in Great Britain)
~ Jim J. ~
09-03-2017, 07:44 AM
(09-03-2017 12:28 AM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 10:05 PM)Arno K Wrote:  First page, last post: shipping from GB to US, price in Pounds, so I think they come from Britain (still in the EU, hopefully until we get the Manuals).
Arno
The HP 50g manuals were roughly £29 GBP (around $36 USD) for each manual. That included the cost of printing the manual and the shipping charges for each manual, shipped separately to the U.S. Dizzy was nice enough to collect the names of those interested, collected the money, printed, packed and shipped each manual across the globe. A tremendously difficult and time consuming effort. There was no shipping costs to be saved from combining the two manuals together to ship as one package, therefore each manual came separately.
I'll leave it up to Dizzy to respond if he's willing to take on a 4th printing. (...and yes, Dizzy's in Great Britain)
~ Jim J. ~

Thankyou for your kind reply.
Arno
01-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Is it too late to get a copy?
01-15-2018, 09:54 PM
(01-15-2018 09:32 PM)mbrethen Wrote:  Is it too late to get a copy?

Uhm, yes. Probably. Unless there's about ten (or more) people indicating interest, it literally isn't economic enough per unit. i.e. the more people who make a payment, the cheaper per person - slightly. The real economies in scale come when you make orders of several thousand, I don't think there's that much demand.

There should be another group of people with enough numbers to count, add yourself to the list. "I wish to be added to the list for .... and ...".

(Post 153)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2018, 10:00 PM
a couple of years ago I ordered my printed manuals via an online printing service. They had a promotion and I ended up spending a total of € 25.90 for the 50G user's manual + the 15C Owner's Handbook, both delivered.
It was actually half the cost of other services here in Italy, really a bargain!

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
01-22-2018, 11:33 PM
I'm willing to do another batch if there's more interest. I should probably set up a spreadsheet or something for people to add themselves to.
01-23-2018, 08:05 PM
(01-22-2018 11:33 PM)dizzy Wrote:  I'm willing to do another batch if there's more interest. I should probably set up a spreadsheet or something for people to add themselves to.

If you do it, I'm interested too!
01-24-2018, 09:16 PM
(01-22-2018 11:33 PM)dizzy Wrote:  I'm willing to do another batch if there's more interest.
I'm interested too.
01-24-2018, 10:58 PM
One can never have too many calculator reference books - especially of the quality that these books have. I'll go for another one.

Joh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)