Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
12-15-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 09:37 PM by dizzy.)
Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
It's been a while now since the second print run of the HP 50g manual sets and the requests for another batch keep coming in, so it's about time to relent and have another set made. The HP 50g is still going strong, and is still IMHO the most capable engineering calculator on the market. It's well worth investing in some hard-copy manuals since HP decided not to bother supplying them.

If you'd like to get your hands on either of the above two-volume sets of manuals, you'll have another chance shortly. I'm just calculating some prices, which I anticipate being similar to last time, and we can look at perhaps printing at the end of January, assuming we get the numbers needed. Stay tuned and I'll get some payment links up soon.

In case you missed the original discussions, this is basically a crowdfunded effort to have these manuals produced in hard-copy form for a reasonable price, which is possible if we get sufficient numbers (around 20 for each set). The printing is done in the UK and I'll dispatch all the manuals myself (they've gone everywhere from Finland to Brazil previously). The pound is very weak at the moment so it might prove to be a good time to buy if you're not in the UK.

The end result looks like this:

[Image: d0sm.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: d1sm.jpg?dl=1]

The payment pages are now available at:

~

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2016, 05:17 AM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
I'm still interested in getting a complete set.
12-16-2016, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 06:02 AM by Etienne Victoria.)
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
+1

Thank you for your effort in providing this set.

E.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2016, 10:29 AM
I think this is a very good idea and I'm very interested in supporting/buying a set of hardcopies.
12-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Count me in for one set.

Alan
12-16-2016, 01:12 PM
You can also include me for a set of manuals.
12-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately the "same as last time" doesn't say much for a person that didn't see the last print. Sad I'm interested in theory, but I don't know should I or not.
12-16-2016, 04:49 PM
+1

Thank you for your organizing this.

Anders
12-16-2016, 09:31 PM
(12-16-2016 02:39 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Unfortunately the "same as last time" doesn't say much for a person that didn't see the last print. Sad I'm interested in theory, but I don't know should I or not.

There are photos in the original post.

I got a set in the 2nd batch, and I can tell you it worths every penny.

Try search the threads from last year, IIRC it started in February 2015 and finished one year later, but no so sure about it, there you can find unanimous positive feedback.

Cheers
12-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Dizzy, don't forget members who already signed in on the old threads!
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-977-page-7.html
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-384-page-12.html

Jean-Charles
12-17-2016, 12:10 AM
(12-16-2016 02:39 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Unfortunately the "same as last time" doesn't say much for a person that didn't see the last print. Sad I'm interested in theory, but I don't know should I or not.

I'll have the details in a day or two. No need to make any commitments just yet.
12-17-2016, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 12:14 AM by dizzy.)
(12-16-2016 11:49 PM)Helix Wrote:  Dizzy, don't forget members who already signed in on the old threads!
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-977-page-7.html
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-384-page-12.html

I'll try and get in touch with those from the old threads in case they don't see this one, but I'll be setting up a page for making payments rather than trying to keep track of everyone here. I'm sure we'll get enough people again.
12-17-2016, 12:36 AM

I have a set from the first run. Beautifully done, very clear print, robust binding, yet easy to move pages, about as nice as they can be. Well worth the price, you won't be sorry.

--Bob Prosperi
12-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Dizzy,
Please count me for a full set.
12-19-2016, 10:41 PM
+1 for one set.

Thank you for doing this!
12-19-2016, 11:02 PM
Put me down for a set of both manuals too, please.
12-20-2016, 01:42 AM
(12-17-2016 12:36 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  

I have a set from the first run. Beautifully done, very clear print, robust binding, yet easy to move pages, about as nice as they can be. Well worth the price, you won't be sorry.

Enthusiastically seconded. I have a set too, and they are outstanding. Thanks again to Dizzy for making these available. A real pleasure to use for those of us that prefer a book in the hand over a .pdf on the screen.

Brad
12-20-2016, 12:21 PM
I may have missed it, but is there an "estimated price" (euros or pounds sterling) for the two 50g manuals, assuming you have at least 20 people place orders? Also, the two manuals may have some considerable weight for shipping to be considered. I'm very interested, but would like to know what ballpark price we're talking about when it comes to printing, packing and shipping to the U.S.

I did print my own copy of the users guide and used Richard Schwartz's method of binding using Aleene's Tacky Glue. It came out nicely, but I do prefer the spiral bound manuals and would prefer the two manual set.
~Jim~
12-20-2016, 01:49 PM

I have a set and can heartily endorse this product! The type is clear, the pages are of great quality and the binding will outlive me. I don't give testimonials lightly but these are a great bargain.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
12-21-2016, 01:40 PM
(12-20-2016 12:21 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  I may have missed it, but is there an "estimated price" (euros or pounds sterling) for the two 50g manuals, assuming you have at least 20 people place orders? Also, the two manuals may have some considerable weight for shipping to be considered. I'm very interested, but would like to know what ballpark price we're talking about when it comes to printing, packing and shipping to the U.S.

I did print my own copy of the users guide and used Richard Schwartz's method of binding using Aleene's Tacky Glue. It came out nicely, but I do prefer the spiral bound manuals and would prefer the two manual set.
~Jim~

From searching the past archives, it appears that the last time the two 50g manuals were printed, the cost was £16 plus shipping costs. Anyone recall the costs of shipping these two manuals from UK to the U.S.?
~ Jim ~

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)