Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
05-09-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
I would like one of each please ... but I’d like the price first (to the U.K.) please
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2018, 06:06 AM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
Could someone please post photos of what these books like like on the outside cover and then a couple sample pages inside? The links to photos in the opening post are dead.

Also, the links to payment information in the opening post is also missing.

Can the author of the opening post edit that post to fix this problems, also including the asking price including shipping?

Thanks.
07-21-2018, 02:01 AM
Zero replies to my previous post points to either apathy or the print service no longer existing. Could someone out there please overcome apathy to confirm?

Anyone who has ordered printed documentation should be able to provide an answer to my previous post. "Pretty please"?

Thank you.
07-21-2018, 02:45 AM
(07-21-2018 02:01 AM)JDW Wrote:  Zero replies to my previous post points to either apathy or the print service no longer existing. Could someone out there please overcome apathy to confirm?

Anyone who has ordered printed documentation should be able to provide an answer to my previous post. "Pretty please"?

Thank you.

The price varied some based on the qty that dizzy ordered each time, but I'm pretty sure the details are in the thread, just read it all the way through.

As for late replies, it's been less than 2 days from your prior post, so you shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, though it appears that dizzy has not visited (at least while signed-in) since January. Suggest you try sending him a PM or email, his profile supports both.

--Bob Prosperi
07-21-2018, 03:00 AM
(07-21-2018 02:45 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Suggest you try sending [dizzy] a PM or email, his profile supports both.

I just sent him an email. Thank you for the suggestion, Bob.
07-21-2018, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2018 03:30 AM by Gerson W. Barbosa.)
(07-19-2018 06:06 AM)JDW Wrote:  Could someone please post photos of what these books like like on the outside cover and then a couple sample pages inside? The links to photos in the opening post are dead.

Covers of the first volumes and respective random page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113638379@...res/6q5T74

HTH,

Gerson.

PS: From the second volumes:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113638379@...res/5sL2J2

Additionally, the DropBox links from the OP are still active.
07-21-2018, 03:14 AM
Gerson, thank you!

Oh my, they are lovely. Color cover, spiral bound... It makes me feel like the good old days of HP calculators once again. Real life ink on paper!

I definitely will buy copies of those manuals, so hopefully I can get a reply about cost and availability from dizzy.
07-21-2018, 06:26 AM
No doubt he will wait for sufficient requests before ordering another batch. It might take some time but, as you have already pointed out, it's worth the wait. The books really are good quality and the spiral binding is what makes them, IMO. There are very few things more frustrating than a reference book that doesn't stay open at the page you're referring to!
07-21-2018, 08:11 AM
Honestly, if the opening post wasn't filled with dead links, and if there was only a tiny amount of work done to make the public aware of the availability of this printed documentation with pricing, yes even despite the fact the 50g is no longer made, I have little doubt there would be a shocking amount of orders roll in.

My advice:

1. Fix the opening post.

2. Create a 1080p or 4k video that shows the manuals. It could be all of 30 seconds long. Show the manuals and either link to this thread or talk about pricing and shipping and availability. Heck, if I had the manuals, I would probably make a video. I've made a number of YouTube videos, actually. It isn't that difficult.

Please don't think I am bashing anyone by saying this. Sometimes we need to hear constructive and helpful criticism and that's all I am trying to do. I want these manuals to be available to not only myself but any 50g user out there. Nothing beats print on paper, and I say that even though I might still use digital versions to quickly look up something. There's a need for both.

For now, I'm chomping at the bit to order!
07-21-2018, 11:23 PM
You aren't the only one. Let's wait for dizzy to get back to us in his own time; don't forget, most people here actually have real lives with real events that overtake the events in the world of the Internet. An alternative would be for someone to grab the latest names available, and go find a printer that does copies for reasonable costs for small numbers of print jobs.

Like you, this is not meant as a criticism.

(Post 261)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2018, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2018 11:37 PM by ijabbott.)
(07-21-2018 08:11 AM)JDW Wrote:  Honestly, if the opening post wasn't filled with dead links, and if there was only a tiny amount of work done to make the public aware of the availability of this printed documentation with pricing, yes even despite the fact the 50g is no longer made, I have little doubt there would be a shocking amount of orders roll in.

My advice:

1. Fix the opening post.

There is no point fixing the opening post because the 3rd batch is all done and dusted. If dizzy is ever prepared to do a 4th batch he will no doubt start a new thread to take orders for it.

Quote:For now, I'm chomping at the bit to order!

Me too!

— Ian Abbott
07-22-2018, 12:13 AM
(07-21-2018 11:37 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  
JDW Wrote:For now, I'm chomping at the bit to order!

Me too!

It’s good to know that I’m not alone and wanting to order these manuals.

But the worst case scenario is that dizzy won’t reply back or is no longer interested. In that case, I must ask, is there a way to obtain the digital form of these documents that’s readily printable so that we could find a professional printing service ourselves to get them printed and spiral-bound? That’s the worst case scenario, but since there’s no reply from dizzy, we need to prepare for it.
07-22-2018, 01:04 AM
(07-22-2018 12:13 AM)JDW Wrote:  ...is there a way to obtain the digital form of these documents that’s readily printable so that we could find a professional printing service ourselves to get them printed and spiral-bound?

Both the 50g AUR and UG are available in PDF format from the HP website, hpcalc.org and other sites.

Again, I recommend you wait for dizzy to reply, it was a lot of work to find the right printer, proper grouping of chapters into volumes, etc. and it looks like there are quite a few new folks looking for copies, so you should not have to wait too long.

--Bob Prosperi
07-22-2018, 01:16 AM
(07-22-2018 12:13 AM)JDW Wrote:  
(07-21-2018 11:37 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  Me too!

It’s good to know that I’m not alone and wanting to order these manuals.

But the worst case scenario is that dizzy won’t reply back or is no longer interested. In that case, I must ask, is there a way to obtain the digital form of these documents that’s readily printable so that we could find a professional printing service ourselves to get them printed and spiral-bound? That’s the worst case scenario, but since there’s no reply from dizzy, we need to prepare for it.
Here are PDFs of both documents. Over 1,500 pages altogether.
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/6512
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/7141
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2018, 02:02 AM
Gentlemen, I greatly appreciate your helpful replies. As we wait with great anticipation for dizzy to reply, I am curious about one more thing. Has anyone printed a similarly excellent set of spiral bound manuals for the Prime?
07-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for not staying on top of this. It looks like we have some photos now (thanks Gerson). I guess I should pick this up again and get on with the project as there is certainly enough interest.

There is one added complication this time: I don't think I'll be able to offer the economy shipping option as Royal Mail have gone out of their way to make it unavailable. I'll need to see if the current PayPal integration is any good too, as they have changed things around and it can make a difference of many hours when it comes to preparing labels.

JDW - did get your message, again apologies for not getting back to you (my forum mail goes to an account I don't check every day and the message also ended up in "Junk").

The books really are nice, definitely worth the investment!
07-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Looking forward to hearing the details. Thank you, dizzy!
08-31-2018, 12:42 PM
I would like a set too, please.

HP-41C, HP-41CV, HP 48G, HP 49G, HP 50g, HP 35s, HP 15C CE, HP Jornada 420, DM41X β, Zengrange Gunzen
09-12-2018, 04:59 AM
I'd like a set too! (at least one set)

Thanks,

Jeff
10-02-2018, 11:28 AM
I would also like to order a set of manuals, please.

Zoran

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)