HP Prime software
12-13-2016, 04:20 PM
HP Prime software
I know I am not the first nor will I be the last to voice this complaint. When will HP enter the 21st Century and realize that millions of MAC users cannot use the included software that is provided with the HP Prime calculator. I have just finished talking to a tech rep but to no avail. He was clueless as to why HP does not support the Mac and had no knowledge of any future MAC software for the Prime. Therefore I have no access to the connectivity kit and the emulator. Let me ask Mac users what do you do to update your HP Prime. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2016, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 04:30 PM by Han.)
RE: HP Prime software
I suppose you could start with this native Mac OS X application:

http://hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-7337.html

(Not trying to be facetious; I am a Mac user as well and found it equally frustrating.) Note that it is a beta release but it would seem that they are making strides into the 21st century :-)

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-13-2016, 07:38 PM
(12-13-2016 04:20 PM)philipsrosen Wrote:  I know I am not the first nor will I be the last to voice this complaint. When will HP enter the 21st Century and realize that millions of MAC users cannot use the included software that is provided with the HP Prime calculator. I have just finished talking to a tech rep but to no avail. He was clueless as to why HP does not support the Mac and had no knowledge of any future MAC software for the Prime. Therefore I have no access to the connectivity kit and the emulator. Let me ask Mac users what do you do to update your HP Prime. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried Wine? I don't know if it works with the CK or not but at least it's free and wouldn't hurt to try it.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
12-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Just wait a tiny bit. New versions are being released as I type...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-13-2016, 08:34 PM
@philipsrosen: ask and you will receive! (Talk about turnaround time! :-)

12-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Thank you for your responses. At least I don't feel alone. Can you explain "ask and you will receive". I am brand new to this forum and the HP Prime. Anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated.
12-14-2016, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 06:34 AM by Han.)
(12-14-2016 02:25 AM)philipsrosen Wrote:  Thank you for your responses. At least I don't feel alone. Can you explain "ask and you will receive". I am brand new to this forum and the HP Prime. Anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated.

It was merely a reference to Matthew 7:7-8. Usually, it almost never happens that when one makes a software request and receives a near-immediate response. Tim, who also responded to your post, is one of the developers for the HP Prime and related products. It was pure coincidence that it happened in this case (you request for a Mac version, and the subsequent publication of an official Mac version); I was just poking fun at the irony of the situation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)