HP Prime emulator for an iPad
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
HP Prime emulator for an iPad
Does anyone here know of an HP Prime emulator that will work on an iPad, and....whether or not there will be connectivity between the two devices at some point?

Best Regards,

Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: HP Prime emulator for an iPad
From an outsider's point of view, i.e. not someone in the know of HP's business plans:
* a version of the Prime software targeting tablets (be it the iPad family or the Android family, the latter tends to represent a majority in recent sales) is more likely than a real Prime emulator.
Not only emulation is expensive (less so when the host and the emulated platform use the same instruction set architecture family, but still), but also, by policy, the iP* platform is quite less than fully open to emulators...
* connectivity between tablet and real Prime calculator is possible as long as the tablet can act as a USB host, and again, for that purpose, Android-based platforms are more suitable than the iP* platform. For one thing, many Android-based platforms have a standard USB connector out of the box.
03-01-2014, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 12:46 AM by Cristóbal De Jesús.)
I run the connectivity kit and the emulator in a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet. I use an USB OTG adapter to plug the calculator to the tablet. Works just fine.

But... I would prefer a Modern Windows 8.1 version of the calculator: a picture of a real calculator floating in the desktop is just not the best way to use a big touch screen.
03-01-2014, 02:27 AM
(03-01-2014 12:46 AM)Cristóbal De Jesús Wrote:  I run the connectivity kit and the emulator in a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet. I use an USB OTG adapter to plug the calculator to the tablet. Works just fine.

But... I would prefer a Modern Windows 8.1 version of the calculator: a picture of a real calculator floating in the desktop is just not the best way to use a big touch screen.

And what about making a new big skin for the emulator?

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)