128k FRAM Cards for HP48GX
12-01-2016, 08:19 AM
128k FRAM Cards for HP48GX
Just wanted to let my fellow 48GX owners know that I spoke to an EBAY seller today who previously had 128k FRAM cards for sale. He relisted the item today and I just purchased one. There are 3 more available as of this writing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252662151014

I intend to use the card for Meta Kernel or Speed IU. The benefit to FRAM is that no battery is necessary, so you'll never lose data on the card.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way other than simply having had spoken with him and purchased 1 card from him today.

Best wishes,

James W.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2019, 06:52 AM
RE: 128k FRAM Cards for HP48GX
I, too, have seen those cards on Ebay. But the question that I have of you is whether you've played with SpeedUI and Meta Kernel to have an opinion regarding the stability of SpeedUI, compared to MK.

In my experience, though I prefer the flexibility and options of SpeedUI, I find that it seems to be less stable (with my setup, at least) than MK. This appears to be the case from at least version 9 of SpeedUI through the latest version that I used last (15). I finally, reluctantly, moved over to MK, during which time I do not recall having a crash, so far (a year, at least).

Just curious to hear from another who has used SpeedUI for a number of years or so.
08-18-2019, 09:59 AM
RE: 128k FRAM Cards for HP48GX
The latest release of SpeedUI still has at least one serious bug:
Handling of user assigned keys does not work in USER mode.

If you're in USER mode, the user key list is evaluated incorrectly,
leaves trash on the stack, and can crash the calc.

Other than that, SpeedUI should work, as long as you avoid USER mode...

A fix is planned, but has not materialized due to time constraints.

If you find a SpeedUI bug which is not related to USER mode,
please use the mail address in the SpeedUI for contacting me.

-- Ray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)