Hp warranty
11-24-2016, 07:10 AM
Hp warranty
I was wondering if anybody else it's having issues with getting a warranty replacement for a hp35s? I bought one a little over a year ago and in the first month the 0 key began to fail to register. I emailed HP support and the promptly sent me a hp33s that wouldn't turn on. I emailed them again and they said the hp35s is on back order. I email them about once a month inquiring as to the status of my warranty case and I get this back:

"Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately the HP 35S replacements are still backordered. There is currently no ETA when replacements will be shipped, however, they will be shipped as soon as more units are available.

I have checked the system and your order is in the system and is waiting for replenished stock. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Michael
HP Technical Support"

I have been waiting for the replacement for over a year now. It appears that you can buy a hp35s on HPs website. It seems a little ridiculous that my replacement has been on backorder for over a year. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve this.

Thanks,
Chad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Hp warranty
(11-24-2016 07:10 AM)cdodds Wrote:  I was wondering if anybody else it's having issues with getting a warranty replacement for a hp35s?
I have been waiting for the replacement for over a year now.

As I do not know the legal situation in the US I cannot help here. All I can say that over here in Europe your case would have been no problem at all. But maybe someone else can provide some useful information on this. Where did you buy the calculator from? Directly from HP, over the internet or from your local dealer?

Regarding the 35s being "out of stock": I assume HP will exchange your 35s with a refurbished calculator, not a new one. Maybe these are not available for quite a while.

Dieter
11-25-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Hp warranty
I bought it from the local college bookstore. They no longer carry them in stock. Hp doesn't seem to have a problem with replacing mine, the question is when. I have thought about just buying a new one on the internet. As soon as I do that the new one and the warranty replacement will show up on my doorstep on the same day. :-) I guess that wouldn't be entirely bad... I really have come to like the 35s. I even like the rectangular-polar conversion once I figured it out. Just tired of getting the same canned message from HP support.

CD Dodds

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)