PDF of HP 25 Library programs from PPC Journal
11-15-2016, 03:06 AM
PDF of HP 25 Library programs from PPC Journal
HP-25 Program Library

These listings were the result of Jim Davidson's efforts and others in the PPC Journal. Anyone wanting to see how to program the HP 25 better should study these programs.

Would appreciate a few people pulling this PDF and saving it or putting it online elsewhere to make sure it does not disappear. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: PDF of HP 25 Library programs from PPC Journal
Gene
... pulling this PDF and saving it ...

Added to my bloated library!

BEST!
SlideRule
11-15-2016, 08:49 PM
FYI, the linked PDF has been updated with a large number of additional programs from the PPC Journal beyond the formal HP 25 Library put together by Jim Davidson. The first page of the PDF is the index of most of the HP 25 programs in the formal library.

Please keep this handy as a good source of much (most?) HP 25 programs I know to find.
11-16-2016, 02:09 AM
My recreation of one of the HP-25 program forms.
[attachment=4148]

Enjoy!
SlideRule
11-16-2016, 12:16 PM
(11-15-2016 03:06 AM)Gene Wrote:  HP-25 Program Library

These listings were the result of Jim Davidson's efforts and others in the PPC Journal. Anyone wanting to see how to program the HP 25 better should study these programs.

Would appreciate a few people pulling this PDF and saving it or putting it online elsewhere to make sure it does not disappear. :-)
Very nice, thank you Gene. Pedro
11-18-2016, 05:49 AM
Thanks for posting this Gene!

Try CC41!
05-17-2018, 02:19 PM
I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone know where this PDF is online? The link above shows that it is broken.

Thanks
05-17-2018, 02:26 PM
(05-17-2018 02:19 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone know where this PDF is online? The link above shows that it is broken.

Thanks

I'd like to know, too!

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-17-2018, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018 02:36 PM by rprosperi.)
(05-17-2018 02:26 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 02:19 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone know where this PDF is online? The link above shows that it is broken.

Thanks

I'd like to know, too!

Send Gene a PM or Email. That file was shared on DropBox before they 'improved' their system, which rendered all older shared links bad. I'm sure he'll be happy to post it again.

Scratch that - I have the file and I'll upload it and share a link shortly...

Edit: Here's a link: HP-25 Library Programs-PPC Jrnl

--Bob Prosperi
05-17-2018, 02:52 PM
Thank you
05-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Sorry the link was broken!

I would like to see most / all (?) of these programs come preloaded in the HP-25 with the new flash memory board, perhaps instead of some of the application book programs. Many of these are much better than any factory programs.
05-17-2018, 06:35 PM
It just amazes me that people would load these manually every time they needed to use them. It's something to think what we have come used to with constant memory being standard now with programmable calculators.

Gene... I'm new to the HP25, so what are you talking about with the new flash memory board. Is there a modification you can do to the 25 to allow it to retain things like this?
05-17-2018, 08:03 PM
It is a replacement for the original ACT chip and gives a great deal of functionality.

Start here, but it is a LONG thread.

ACT chip HP-25E

This is the primary source of information:

HP-25E
05-17-2018, 10:12 PM
After reading that, also check out the even better "Woodstock Low Power" kit, also from Panamatik. This is the Ultimate HP-25 (and -21, 22, 27, 29, etc.)!

Product page: http://www.panamatik.de/html/hp_low_power.html

And here are my review comments, which gives you a little more flavor.

--Bob Prosperi
05-18-2018, 04:07 AM
(05-17-2018 03:16 PM)Gene Wrote:  Sorry the link was broken!

I would like to see most / all (?) of these programs come preloaded in the HP-25 with the new flash memory board, perhaps instead of some of the application book programs. Many of these are much better than any factory programs.

I have extracted about 63 of the HP-25 programs and have them in a zip file at

http://www.teenix.org/HP25ppc.zip

They are in a format that will load into the HP emulator and MultiCalc and they are also in text format.

cheers

Tony
05-18-2018, 04:54 AM
Gene

Thank You for sharing this amazing HP-25 Program Library.
Now I really believe that a lot can be program for 49 steps instructions on HP-25

I like the Decimal to Fraction program check it out guys....

Gamo
05-18-2018, 11:42 AM
(05-18-2018 04:07 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 03:16 PM)Gene Wrote:  Sorry the link was broken!

I have extracted about 63 of the HP-25 programs and have them in a zip file at

http://www.teenix.org/HP25ppc.zip

They are in a format that will load into the HP emulator and MultiCalc and they are also in text format.

cheers

Tony

Excellent this Rocks!!!
Gene
05-20-2018, 12:15 AM
(05-17-2018 06:35 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  It just amazes me that people would load these manually every time they needed to use them.

I did, hundreds of times and of course it was a major nuisance buit it was either that or shelling out big bucks to get an HP-65 with its built-in magnetic card reader, which for me it wasn't an option.

The moment the HP-25C came out I promptly sold my beloved HP25 in order to buy it but then the vastly superior HP67 was released as well and that's what I bought instead. No more retyping programs anew, ever.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-20-2018, 04:17 AM
(05-20-2018 12:15 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 06:35 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  It just amazes me that people would load these manually every time they needed to use them.

I did, hundreds of times and of course it was a major nuisance buit it was either that or shelling out big bucks to get an HP-65 with its built-in magnetic card reader, which for me it wasn't an option.

The moment the HP-25C came out I promptly sold my beloved HP25 in order to buy it but then the vastly superior HP67 was released as well and that's what I bought instead. No more retyping programs anew, ever.

Me too. I manually reloaded many, many programs into my HP-25 for almost 10 years before replacing it with an HP-11C. The next breakthrough came when I bought my HP-48SX and I could load programs into it without having to type them in.
Loved those HP-48 Goodies Disks! Thanks Joe!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2018, 01:31 PM
I have a HP48GX and just love it. I hesitate to say it is my favorite HP Calculator as I seem to find that the last HP calculator that I use is my favorite (i.e. they are all my favorites).

I never did get an 11C, but would love to get one some day. If anyone has one at a fair price, I'd love to give it a nice home.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)