Installing software
11-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Installing software
Hi, I'm new to the 50g and this is the first time I've tried to transfer programs from pc.
I have installed Conn4x and the Pc Connectivity kit but i can only get the Conn4x to connect to the calculator. I'm able to edit and delete var's in the calculator but when i try to drag and drop programs (spesifically ALLTRIANGLE2.1.lib) nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something here?

Been hooked on RPN since usin the 48g in highschool in the 90s.. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Installing software
(11-03-2016 09:13 PM)tdh79 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new to the 50g and this is the first time I've tried to transfer programs from pc.
I have installed Conn4x and the Pc Connectivity kit but i can only get the Conn4x to connect to the calculator. I'm able to edit and delete var's in the calculator but when i try to drag and drop programs (spesifically ALLTRIANGLE2.1.lib) nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something here?

Been hooked on RPN since usin the 48g in highschool in the 90s.. Smile

The PC Connectivity Kit is for the Prime, and does not support the 50g. All you need is Conn4x.

When you copy a library to the 50g, it is simply saved as a named variable in the home directory, just like any other object you copy over. You should see it there after you drag-n-drop it. Once copied, the rest must be done on the 50g.

You need to recall the library object to the stack and install it, for it's commands to be available. If you copy a library named foo, once you disconnect, do this:

'foo' RCL 2 STO

to store that library into Port-2 (which is Flash and doesn't use system ram). Then power-cycle, or press ON-F3 to restart and announce the library to the system.

The library is now installed and it's commands should be available.

Note: this procedure is correct for about 99% of the available libraries, likely including yours, but some special-purpose libraries have different loading procedures, but if so, it likely came with documentation.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
11-03-2016, 10:30 PM
[you said]
Hi, I'm new to the 50g and this is the first time I've tried to transfer programs from pc.
I have installed Conn4x and the Pc Connectivity kit but i can only get the Conn4x to connect to the calculator. I'm able to edit and delete var's in the calculator but when i try to drag and drop programs (spesifically ALLTRIANGLE2.1.lib) nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something here? Been hooked on RPN since usin the 48g in highschool in the 90s..

[my reply]

hey TDH79
many people that transfer files from computer to HP50g use an SD card (an older one) & a USB device. ask a separate question to do this specifically (if you don't get much response with this thread) i don't know many that use the Conn4x method (but could be wrong)
HTH (hope this helps)
Buffalo
11-03-2016, 10:43 PM
It worked after factory reset, don't ask me why..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)