Calculator Reloads Firmware When Not Necessary
10-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Calculator Reloads Firmware When Not Necessary
I had the connectivity kit update the firmware in my physical calculator. It went through the whole process even though the version on the calculator was the same as the downloaded firmware. I'd like the firmware update to check first and if the calculator's version is the same or later than the download, issue a warning screen showing the downloaded version number as well as the version number already on the calculator and asking if I'd really like to do this.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2016, 03:16 PM
RE: Calculator Reloads Firmware When Not Necessary
It will never automatically prompt you to reinstall. Did you manually tell it to update through the interface in some way?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-25-2016, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2016 12:48 PM by toml_12953.)
(10-24-2016 03:16 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It will never automatically prompt you to reinstall. Did you manually tell it to update through the interface in some way?

Sure did. I want it to protect me from myself! Smile Sometimes the automatic detection doesn't work so I check manually from time to time.
If we're not supposed to check manually, then why even have the option in the menu?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-25-2016, 02:02 PM
(10-25-2016 12:46 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Sure did. I want it to protect me from myself! Smile Sometimes the automatic detection doesn't work so I check manually from time to time.
If we're not supposed to check manually, then why even have the option in the menu?

The "check for update" wouldn't prompt you, but the "Update Calculator" menu item will trigger it to run a firmware update. I see what you mean though and agree some sort of message would be helpful. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)