HP-19C Emulator
10-21-2016, 07:25 AM
HP-19C Emulator
Hi all,

A HP-19C emulator is available at teenix.org

It was very complicated to get going and I'm sure there are bugs in there that I missed.

The print roll will be recovered when powered up again and can be output to a printer if desired (up to 200 lines)

An image of the emulator is attached along with the printout as saved in a PDF file.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: HP-19C Emulator
Calculator attachment was missing

cheers
10-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Wow Tony! Very impressive again!
I really like the attention to detail, the moving printer head is just great!
Does it play a sound as well (I don't have speakers here at work, so haven't found out yet...)
I tried do dig out my real 19C yesterday, but got stoped by my daugther who wanted to play with the other calculators I got out of the box Smile
I'll give it another try today and email you the back label.
10-21-2016, 08:40 AM
(10-21-2016 08:25 AM)Harald Wrote:  Does it play a sound as well (I don't have speakers here at work, so haven't found out yet...)

Yes, I found the original sound of the print process.

The font is as close as I can get to the original.

It also has the 7 deep key buffer which remembers key presses when the processor is busy printing.

cheers

Tony
10-21-2016, 03:29 PM
(10-21-2016 08:40 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(10-21-2016 08:25 AM)Harald Wrote:  Does it play a sound as well (I don't have speakers here at work, so haven't found out yet...)

It also has the 7 deep key buffer which remembers key presses when the processor is busy printing.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

Congratulations for the best HP-19C Emulator ever made.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
10-21-2016, 04:46 PM
(10-21-2016 08:40 AM)teenix Wrote:  

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am at a computer with speakers now. Printer sounds very nice. But the head is moving to slow. The sound is played while the head moves from right to left. But what is actually recorded is the head moving right to lef and back plus the paper advance. That is just a minor detail, but I thought I'd mention it anyway Smile

I can take a video for you if that helps.
10-21-2016, 08:32 PM
(10-21-2016 03:29 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Hi Tony,

Congratulations for the best HP-19C Emulator ever made.

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard :-)
10-21-2016, 08:35 PM
(10-21-2016 04:46 PM)Harald Wrote:  Hi Tony,

I am at a computer with speakers now. Printer sounds very nice. But the head is moving to slow. The sound is played while the head moves from right to left. But what is actually recorded is the head moving right to lef and back plus the paper advance. That is just a minor detail, but I thought I'd mention it anyway Smile

I can take a video for you if that helps.

I only found one video on web to work with, but it must have been operating with low battery power. I think the print should be about 1 line per second. It is a simple matter to speed it up.

Yes please, that would certainly help.

cheers

Tony
10-21-2016, 11:31 PM

Hi Tony,

[/quote]

Hi Harald,

Thankyou for the video file. I extracted the audio and replaced my sound with yours.

I readjusted the speed of the print head which now imitates the action of your HP-19C, in that the head seems to move faster when returning to home during the paper advance.

If the sound seems out of sync with the print head movement then it may be a processing speed problem on the host PC. The PC has a lot to do when the print head is being moved while running the rest of the calculator.

Have you tried printing the used print roll? I haven't been able to test on other computers. (Right click calculator - [Options] -> [Print Roll])

New version uploaded.

cheers

Tony
10-22-2016, 12:43 AM
(10-21-2016 11:31 PM)teenix Wrote:  If the sound seems out of sync with the print head movement then it may be a processing speed problem on the host PC. The PC has a lot to do when the print head is being moved while running the rest of the calculator.

It is possible that the print sound may not match the print head speed on different computers, so I added the ability to adjust the speed of the print head in forward and reverse movements.

cheers

Tony
10-22-2016, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 12:08 PM by Harald.)
(10-22-2016 12:43 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(10-21-2016 11:31 PM)teenix Wrote:  If the sound seems out of sync with the print head movement then it may be a processing speed problem on the host PC. The PC has a lot to do when the print head is being moved while running the rest of the calculator.

It is possible that the print sound may not match the print head speed on different computers, so I added the ability to adjust the speed of the print head in forward and reverse movements.

cheers

Tony

I just downloaded the new version and the timing is perfect now Smile
Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers,
Harald

Edit: Oh, and I really like tearing off the printout and printing the roll works perfectly, too!
11-05-2016, 10:23 PM
1 + !
Thanks a lot, Tony.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)