what size attachments are ok?
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 08:31 PM by Dave Hicks.)
what size attachments are ok?
What size attachments are ok? I have a doc 8M and a few of us discussed whether it's ok to attach it or not. Would one of the responsible parties please let us know how big attachments can be before we become persona non grata? Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: No forum forum, so...what size attachments are ok?
(02-17-2014 01:05 PM)HP67 Wrote:  What size attachments are ok? I have a doc 8M and a few of us discussed whether it's ok to attach it or not. Would one of the responsible parties please let us know how big attachments can be before we become persona non grata? Wink

Although I'm not one of the "responsible parties" I know that your (and my) personal upload space for attachments is limited to 3 MB in total.

HTH

d:-)
02-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Well that means it would take me

Code:
8 3 / CEIL

posts if the doc could even be split up... so I guess it's not happening. Thanks for the info!
02-17-2014, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 05:43 PM by Dave Hicks.)
3MB is the quota per account, not post. In the old forum, I think 2MB was the most you could even ask for, and the average user per account with any space was maybe 80K. (It was actually possible for me to set amounts higher than the 2MB and I believe we had 2 users in the 2.1MB to 4MB range.)

I did increase the PDF limit to 3MB at someone's request which gave him the option of using his entire quota on a single document, if he desired.

It is possible to ask me for more space and I will consider it depending on how many user we have, how the space is growing etc. etc.

I haven't played around with Word/Docs much lately but I do recall it having a tendency to create huge files in some situations. For example, I think if you import a jpg, it would save it internally as some uncompressed format like a BMP. Of course that was an old version and my not apply anymore, but you might see if converting to PDF helps.

Dave
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 05:47 PM by HP67.)
I used imagemagik on Linux to convert jpgs StephenR0 had scanned into a pdf, but the jpgs and the .pdf both wound up around 8M. He has linked it from his dropbox for now in this thread:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-632.html

Thanks to everyone! Mission accomplished.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)