Prime Rebooting
09-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Prime Rebooting
I just upgraded my Primes (one NW280AA, one G8X92AA) to the 20160829 version. Now, the NW Prime reboots when I edit programs. I haven't used the G8 unit much yet to see if it reboots, too. Is this a known problem or did I just get a bad d/l?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2016, 05:55 PM
RE: Prime Rebooting
I'd try reflashing it/formatting the drive. If that doesn't do it then contact support. Definitely not a known issue or expected behavior.

Is it a specific program? Or any program (including a new one)? If the former then something about that program is problematic it would seem. If the latter, I'd ut my guess on reformatting the disk drive/updating the system again would correct it.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I haven't updated to the newest software yet, but I had exactly those symptoms when I updated to the (now pulled) 10077. Since the update, I would get random (but very frequent) crashes. There is no pattern: it would crash when editing a program, when performing a simple addition, when browsing the help, and even as soon as switched on. I have tried reflashing and formatting but it didn't help. I was really hoping this new firmware fixed the crashes, but your message worries me, since the calculator is almost unusable like this, and has been sitting in a drawer waiting for a fix...

Cristian
09-10-2016, 04:53 PM
I've had good luck resolving this by doing a CFO format (not sure if it's necessary) followed by updating using the old update method.
09-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Hm. I'll try that, but how could it help? The crashes always happen randomly and are not reproducible; even if I had a bad transfer (is there really no check over the success of a transfer?) shouldn't the calculator always crash when I try to run a corrupted part of the flash?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)