HELP Syntax error with every program added
09-03-2016, 08:11 PM
HELP Syntax error with every program added
Hi everyone,
Its been months for me trying to add programs on my hp prime through the connectivity kit...
i tried to transfer them from the hp prime emulator and they work on it but once on the actual calculator the programs don't work.. I'm actually just a beginner in the use of calculators and also a french student Smile if someone know how i can make those program work on my calculator instead of a red or orange exclamation point on the screen that'd be great !

(i also red a ton of articles on forums in french and english and nothing helped me so far)
thank you and have a good day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 05:22 AM
RE: HELP Syntax error with every program added
Hello,

If you could post one of the problematic programs here, we might be able to have a look at it and help you.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
09-05-2016, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 08:25 AM by primer.)
RE: HELP Syntax error with every program added
(09-03-2016 08:11 PM)PMTupa Wrote:  I'm actually just a beginner in the use of calculators and also a french student Smile

Probably the pragma line is missing, ok that's easy to check and to fix.
As french you are maybe using coma as decimal separator, like me.
What you can do, try to use dot as decimal separator and no digit grouping separator, by the way change integer to hex.
There are the most common settings, probably used by people who made programs.

Then go back to the program, press "verify" and see if it works.
if yes, go to the begining of the program, use [menu] key to "add #pragma" then leave the program, you have fixed the program like a pro Wink
So, come back to your settings to change back to your regional settings and voilĂ  !

good luck.

primer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)