Update 20160829 damaged calculator - [Solved]
09-01-2016, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 11:29 AM by jrozsas.)
Update 20160829 damaged calculator - [Solved]
Today I connected the calculator to the USB and open the conectvidade kit. It came the message that there was an update. When you click upgrade, the calculator crashed.
The C + F + O do not work, it is not possible to access the menu to format.
Press the ON + Symb button nothing happens.
The reset on the back cover just makes it appear, and the screen is frozen:
[Image: p_201612.jpg]
I am very disappointed with HP. Updates cause more problems than solutions.

Leo

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 12:17 PM by cyrille de brébisson.)
RE: Update 20160829 damaged calculator - DANGER!
Hello,

I assume that you got the update through the con kit? Do you know if your calc a rev A or rev C?

Looking at the picture, it looks like the calculator it stuck at the initialization of the application. It might be that you have a file there which is causing an issue. Can you try rebooting while pressing the backspace key during the boot process (start pressing before you click the reset button and do not release until the boot is complete). Then, turn the calc OFF and then back on to make sure that it works, or do a ON+Apps+Esc to erase the files.

If this does not work, does rebooting with the SYMB key pressed (press and hold SYMB and then press reset) reboots in the boot loader? If yes, use this to re-update, and upon completion, reboot with CFO pressed and then erase the flash. Do not let the calculator reboot completely before doing CFO.

I hope that this will help!

Regards,
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2016, 12:39 PM
The only option that worked was SYMB key pressed with RESET pin.
However, the calculator showed error messages on the screen (many mistakes).
[Image: p_201613.jpg]
[Image: p_201614.jpg]

Leo

09-01-2016, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 12:54 PM by René Franquinet.)
Also I am getting into the same queue of problems I had last time updating to the former version (April this year). After several error messages on the screen of the HP Prime like those of jrozsas, I succeeded in updating completely, but after the completion of the last progress bar (Done in the ConnKit), this kept showing on the screen and the calculator stopped going further. I had to apply a pin reset. The ON key gives no result.
09-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the info and the screen shot. Hopefully, this will help solving the problem.

I will follow up with you in PM if you do not mind.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
09-01-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 01:05 PM by René Franquinet.)
(09-01-2016 12:54 PM)René Franquinet Wrote:  Also I am getting into the same queue of problems I had last time updating to the former version (April this year). After several error messages on the screen of the HP Prime like those of jrozsas, I succeeded in updating completely, but after the completion of the last progress bar (Done in the ConnKit), this kept showing on the screen and the calculator stopped going further. I had to apply a pin reset. The ON key gives no result.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: after I did a Symb Reset and connected the HP Prime to another computer this did the update job, without any problems. The HP Prime now works fine. So it has something to do with the USB-port or -settings, I suggest. By the way: I am working with the hardware version A.
09-01-2016, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 01:24 PM by jrozsas.)
After I get back the firmware 8151, I managed to squeeze the C + F + O and made the format of the calculator.
After, I updated the calculator with the connectivity kit to 20,160,829.
Appeared new error messages, the screen went with the HP logo distorted, but finished the update. Now, the calculator is not able to receive programs or APP through the conectvidade kit.
I give up to upgrade and went back to 10077. I will not make new update soon.
I'm worried about what may occur in Brazil with the users of the calculator.
I used hardware "A"

Leo

09-01-2016, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 06:49 PM by jrozsas.)
Problem solved!
1) I noticed the following: deleted all files, images, programs, notes, etc.
2) I formatted the calculator (C + F + O)
3) updated Connectivity Kit to version 10637
4) I have connected the USB calculator
5) connectivity kit, click update the calculator.
The update was normal, using the same previous USB port when given the problem
Test with Gallery (app) -OK.
Test with the TI-planet, converting a book PDF of 136 pages.It works perfectly.

Does the fact that format the calculator before the update? Or have deleted the existing files?

Leo

09-01-2016, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 07:06 PM by jrozsas.)
But where this updating the virtual calculator (emulator)20160829?
[Image: snap_210.png]

Leo

09-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Hello,

A system in the backend web stuff caused the files to appear early, and some old ones to show up as well. That is also why you don't see the emulator.

I suspect the files will be disappearing until the intended release date shortly.

I suspect your unit may have had some bad/corrupted data in the flash partition which was causing your trouble. Formatting it to remove that data and make sure the partition was good probably resolved things.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-01-2016, 07:24 PM
(09-01-2016 07:19 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

A system in the backend web stuff caused the files to appear early, and some old ones to show up as well. That is also why you don't see the emulator.

I suspect the files will be disappearing until the intended release date shortly.

I suspect your unit may have had some bad/corrupted data in the flash partition which was causing your trouble. Formatting it to remove that data and make sure the partition was good probably resolved things.

I thought it was strange that the announcement of a new version didn't come from you!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)