pyILPER Version 1.3.4 released
01-11-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: pyILPER Version 1.3.4 released
(01-11-2017 09:42 PM)Erwin Wrote:  Maybe I oversaw it but exist there a possibility to print to a textfile in the PC - i.e Basic program or other text formated output?
Would be fine to put printouts in the PC in a text file.

Hi Erwin
The virtual printer does it, in his log (has to be enable on the bottom of the printer screen). On my config I have this file, 'Printer1.log’, open in a text editor to copy elsewhere what I’m interested in. Doing so, I have to uncheck and re-check the enable log check box to refresh the file. Assuming you’re using a 71b just do PLIST <filename>, it works also with text files if you have the proper lexfile extending the PLIST capability (TEXTUTIL or EDTEXT maybe).
Lifutil also can extract text directly from lif files.
lifget -r LifVolumeName FileName | liftext > NewFileName.txt

Is it what you’re looking for?

André
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 10:36 PM
(01-11-2017 09:42 PM)Erwin Wrote:  Hi,

Maybe I oversaw it but exist there a possibility to print to a textfile in the PC - i.e Basic program or other text formated output?

Regards Erwin

Given you're using a 71B.

1. Execute PRINTER IS PRINTER (or 1, or whatever).
2. On the Printer 1 tab, check Device enabled.
3. Check Log Printer 1.
4. LIST the desired program or PLIST if you have the JPC ROM.
5. Find Printer1.log in the Working Directory as defined by the pyILPER configuration.

Alternatively, if you have LIFUTILS installed, you can:
1. TRANSFORM the BASIC program to TEXT and save it to a LIF image.
2. On the Drive tab, clear the Device enabled box.
3. RIGHT click the file in the listing and select Export.

Dave
01-12-2017, 06:20 AM
(01-11-2017 10:31 PM)dayd Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 09:42 PM)Erwin Wrote:  Maybe I oversaw it but exist there a possibility to print to a textfile in the PC - i.e Basic program or other text formated output?

Hi Erwin
The virtual printer does it, in his log (has to be enable on the bottom of the printer screen). On my config I have this file, 'Printer1.log’, open in a text editor to copy elsewhere what I’m interested in. Doing so, I have to uncheck and re-check the enable log check box to refresh the file. Assuming you’re using a 71b just do PLIST <filename>, it works also with text files if you have the proper lexfile extending the PLIST capability (TEXTUTIL or EDTEXT maybe).
Lifutil also can extract text directly from lif files.
lifget -r LifVolumeName FileName | liftext > NewFileName.txt

Is it what you’re looking for?

André
Hi Dave,

thank you very much -this with I'm looking for 'Printer1.log’, Indeed I overlooked something in the help file:
Code:
Log Printer checkbox: Activates writing printer output to the file "printer.txt" in the pyILPR working directory. 
Output is always appended to that file. A time stamp in the file marks the start and the end of each logging. 
The log file is closed automatically on program termination.

thanks - Erwin
01-16-2017, 12:25 PM
(01-04-2017 07:31 PM)Erwin Wrote:  With my HPIL 1A module I get an error "HPIL ERR: Frames Altered" error no: (255)038 - when I want to upload a file to the LIF image on my PC. It scrambles the display in the terminal view on pyilper. That ist not the case with a HPIL 1B.

There is an updated PILTERM2 program that is part of the just released pyILPER 1.4.0 which does a more consistent configuration of the loop. I got a more reliable pyILPER operating with my HP-IL 1A module.

Regards
Joachim

Attached File(s)
.zip  pilimage.zip (Size: 3.81 KB / Downloads: 10)
01-16-2017, 06:53 PM
(01-16-2017 12:25 PM)jsi Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 07:31 PM)Erwin Wrote:  With my HPIL 1A module I get an error "HPIL ERR: Frames Altered" error no: (255)038 - when I want to upload a file to the LIF image on my PC. It scrambles the display in the terminal view on pyilper. That ist not the case with a HPIL 1B.

There is an updated PILTERM2 program that is part of the just released pyILPER 1.4.0 which does a more consistent configuration of the loop. I got a more reliable pyILPER operating with my HP-IL 1A module.

Regards
Joachim
Hi Joachim,

updated all with miniconda and installed the new LIFUTILS. I'll check the new PILTERM2 next weekend. Thanks for the hint and experience.

regards Erwin

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)