HP41CX GJM Module (version 2A) released
01-09-2016, 12:19 AM
HP41CX GJM Module (version 2A) released
Hi,

Warren just posted my GJM module on his HP41 site. It contains MCODE and FOCAL routines I have found useful when creating my user programs. Some of the highlights are:

A sliderule program (emulates most slide rules by emulating A, B, C, and D scales (along with I, F, IF, and FI flavors of each), plus for each of these 20 scales it is possible to use one of 15 subscales (Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Log, Log Log, etc). One of the subscales is User defined.

A program to perform Cubic Spline interpolation.

A program to calculate 1st and 2nd derivatives (idea from JM Baillard, but put into MCODE, it uses his 10 point formulas).

Programs (from 'Angel Martin) to perform various MEAN calculations (Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, and the Generalized Power forms); also the Arithmetic-Geometric mean of two values, and the Geometric-Harmonic mean as well.

Modulus arithmetic (M+, M-, M*, ans SQM are MCODE, other routines come from JM Baillard but are modified to use the MCODE routines).

... and a lot more!

A big thanks to 'Angel Martin for being my consultant for 2nd FAT capability, 2nd bank capability, and a function launcher that easily accesses all the functions (similar to his SandMath / SandMatrix / 41Z modules among others and our joint 16C emulation module). I could not have created this module with as much as was put into it without his help!

Enjoy... Greg.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2016, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 07:57 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP41CX GJM Module (version 2A) released
Another next-gen module making full utilization of the new techniques is always welcome news - and now thanks to Greg's programming skills this one is a perfect example of it.

The Derivatives and Continued Fractions are handled with a very novel approach, using Greg's idea to solve the "Return to MCODE" problem in a much more swift mode than the Buffer-14 from the Advantage - that alone makes it already very special!

And there are a few more goodies besides the factual list provided above, such as: systems of non-linear equations, curtain movers, XROM codes from/to HEX....make sure you don't miss them! (a nice manual is also available).

The legend lives on!
01-09-2016, 06:57 PM
The required Library#4 module required for the GJM ROM has been posted on TOS, it is revision Q. The links for GJM Module 2A now properly point to the Lib4 Rev Q.

Please note the documentation warning as to why this revision is required for this ROM, and what may have to be done if you already are using another module that uses Library #4.

Thanks 'Angel for making it available!

Greg
08-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Oops, 'Angel found a bug in the GJM module. Seems that HEX2ROM and ROM2HEX work fine in V41 simulator, but failed on real hardware (HP41CX/CL). The corrected module is now posted on TOS (it replaces version 2A with 2B). The fixed routines are the only changes made to the GJM module.

Greg.
08-23-2016, 04:47 PM
CAT2 still shows Revision A. Is this a mistake or a confusion?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Oops, and I forgot to change the checksum as well, my bad!

Next opportunity I get to modify this I will post a revision notice. I probably should have left it 2A...

I found out from Monte that some MOD to ROM splitters have a problem with this MOD file because I kept the ROM Name the same in both bank descriptors, so when the MOD file splits into two ROM files it tries to create ROM files with the same name. I will fix that as well in the next release. I sent the ROM files to Monte so he has the individual ROM files on his HP41CL site (it's in the 2016 ongoing archive ZIP file: http://www.systemyde.com/hp41/files.html ).

Greg.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)