Naive Design ND1 website gone?
08-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Naive Design ND1 website gone?
One of the best programmable calculators for iOS is the Naive Design ND1, which does many of the things that the HP50 does and has additional language extensions using JavaScript. I would point you to the website (naivedesign.com), but it appears to be gone. Anyone know what happened? They had forums that I can't get to any more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Naive Design ND1 website gone?
It seems you are right. I don't know if this helps you any further, but an older snapshot of the site is available in the internet archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/201412300400...esign.html

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
10-08-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Naive Design ND1 website gone? It's back!
And the site is back. Hooray for Oliver! He even has an update on Golfscript, which is something he was going to include in it from way back. The ND1 is my "go to" calculator on my iPad (which also has many other calculators on it); I am an HP RPN and RPL user from way back (HP25 was my first).
04-20-2020, 12:22 PM
RE: Naive Design ND1 website gone?
This whole post is kind of ridiculous in the light of what is going on in the world, but eventually we should get through this in one form or another and go back to some kind of normality. I really hope that Oliver is okay, and that he is focusing on what is important.

Now the ND1 website isn’t gone, exactly. It has just been superseded by another company called Naive Design. Makes it hard to contact Oliver Unter Ecker, and it broke the Help function of the calculator, and all of the downloadable code is now gone. I upgraded an iOS device to the latest release, and it broke one of the things in ND1 (calling a variable by reference).

You can still buy ND1 on iOS, but without the website it is much harder to use. I know that parts of the website are available on the Internet Archive, but that doesn’t fix the Help function of the calculator, the downloadable code and the forums. I did save PDF versions of many of the web pages from the site...

Be well, everyone!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)