Clik and Rotate.
08-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Clik and Rotate.
Hi,
I dont' understand what is "clik and rotate" key on a keybord. I've readed a american text from HP but I dont' understand. May be one explain in simples words what it is ?

Thanks.

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Clik and Rotate.
My understanding is it has to do with the type of key on the keyboard:

A lot of calculators have buttons that you press directly down. A lot of HP calculators have the "click and rotate" type of key that is essentially hinged on one side and pressing the button causes it to rotate down on one side until it clicks. There is a very tactile feel to this type of button.
08-30-2016, 12:02 PM
(08-30-2016 10:37 AM)Logan Wrote:  A lot of HP calculators have the "click and rotate" type of key that is essentially hinged on one side and pressing the button causes it to rotate down on one side until it clicks.
Yes, that's a very good description.

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
08-30-2016, 03:22 PM
Well, well. Then if I press long time it is null.

I thanks you.

Gérard.
08-30-2016, 03:39 PM
(08-30-2016 03:22 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Well, well. Then if I press long time it is null.

I thanks you.
I've wondered what that was all about. Happens with Free42 on my droid devices.
08-30-2016, 05:21 PM
(08-30-2016 03:22 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Well, well. Then if I press long time it is null.
? This doesn't make sense (to me). We must be talking about different things then...

Can you describe what document you were reading? For what product?

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
08-30-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 05:51 PM by Marcio.)
On Free42, if you press and hold an operator key (+, ÷ etc) longer than 4 seconds, the keystroke is ignored and nothing happens to the stack. Free42 will display NULL. I think it's a feature.
08-30-2016, 06:00 PM
It is a feature of the original 42s as well. It is a means of cancelling an operation or program step if a key is pressed by mistake or just to see what the next operation (e.g., when stepping through a program) will be. That is unrelated to rotate and click though.
08-30-2016, 08:07 PM
(08-30-2016 06:00 PM)Logan Wrote:  It is a feature of the original 42s as well. It is a means of cancelling an operation or program step if a key is pressed by mistake or just to see what the next operation (e.g., when stepping through a program) will be.

It all started on the 41.

(08-30-2016 06:00 PM)Logan Wrote:  That is unrelated to rotate and click though.

True

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2016, 12:57 AM
(08-30-2016 06:00 PM)Logan Wrote:  It is a feature of the original 42s as well. It is a means of cancelling an operation or program step if a key is pressed by mistake or just to see what the next operation (e.g., when stepping through a program) will be. That is unrelated to rotate and click though.

The 34s also has this feature. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)