find the "seven" differences
12-04-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: find the "seven" differences
The problem seems to have just the one solution: for the price of a new calculator, tax, and shipping, you get to replace it...

Then too, you could laminate a nice picture of the prime, and affix it to the back of the protective case. "Hey," says I to myself, "that's not a bad idea!" I may just have to try that! (I wish I would have thought of that a long time ago ...)

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 07:46 AM
(12-04-2016 11:17 AM)DrD Wrote:  The problem seems to have just the one solution: for the price of a new calculator, tax, and shipping, you get to replace it...

Then too, you could laminate a nice picture of the prime, and affix it to the back of the protective case. "Hey," says I to myself, "that's not a bad idea!" I may just have to try that! (I wish I would have thought of that a long time ago ...)

-Dale-

That's a great idea! Now if HP will send me one of the new high contrast keypads I'll take a nice hi resolution picture and send it to you ;-)

Cheers!
12-05-2016, 10:04 AM
To fit on the back of the case, the image size would be difficult to see key details. Probably have to scratch that idea.
12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
(08-11-2016 03:47 PM)compsystems Wrote:  ENG: The hp-prime calculator is a good product, has greatly improved its firmware in a short time since the launch. CAS has evolved, note that any CAS are not perfect. CAS take 50 years as MAXIMA, REDUCES, a CAS is an expert system in algebra . born as an application of artificial intelligence AI 1960, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_algebra_system

1: I want a better integration of the CAS and the History-HOME

For example I do not accept to be displayed in the history commands of the same name but differing in capital letters Lowercase see first attached image.

apparently seen in history that a command returns two different responses,

Hello Compsystems,

I agree that the firmware is improving considerably, because I have firmware version 8151 and many bugs I discovered have been solved by now.

With respect to your first image: when you uncheck "Textbook Display" in second page of Home Settings you see uppercase and lowercase displayed differently, as it should be.

With respect to your second image: In my version unchecking "Textbook Display" in second page of Home Settings improves a lot.

But more important: your input is wrong. You should enter list1(2,1) and not list1[2,1].
12-05-2016, 05:38 PM
(12-05-2016 04:41 PM)compsystems Wrote:  with "Textbook Display on" pretty-print the command names should not be changed to uppercase, do you agree?

with "Textbook Display on" pretty-print Subindices are not displayed (Contradicts the flag "Textbook Display on")

I agree with your first point.

With respect to your second point:
I have no problems with the way list1(2,1) is displayed when "Textbook Display" is on.
It is displayed fine, namely as 'list1(2,1)' and I like it that way.
I feel no need of displayal with subindices.
12-06-2016, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 05:58 AM by Han.)
In all your examples, I do not see any part where evaluation could be confused with extraction (as you call it). Consider a hypothetical case of someone typing name(a,b)

Evaluation occurs if 'name' is itself a function. Otherwise extraction if 'name' is a list. In the cases where you used name(a=<value>) -- that is an instance of substitution (which is in a sense, an evaluation in which 'a' is replaced by <value>).

Lastly, in CAS view, extraction can be done using name[a,b] so as to avoid any ambiguity between defining a function and assigning a value to, say, a matrix called 'name' at position [a,b]. For example, does name(a,b):=1 create a 2-variable function whose output is always 1? Or does this store 1 into position (a,b) of a matrix called 'name' ?

There is no need for subscript because either the ()'s or the []'s already separate the characters 'a' and 'b' from 'name' (which would be the main reason to have a subscript).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-06-2016, 05:31 PM
(12-06-2016 04:28 PM)moonbeam Wrote:  Compsystems, what does all of this have to do with the Prime's hardware refresh?

Please stop hijacking threads for feature requests.

Seconded. This is not for the first time on this thread. Please start another for your feature requests and follow forum etiquette.
01-15-2017, 08:18 AM
How many folks have the new high contrast keyboard? I was wondering if any of the usual online outlets have by now used up old inventory and are shipping the New Rev Cs
Since HP clearly aren't going to be offering a key replacement anytime soon , I'm thinking of selling my rev C when I can be sure of getting a High contrast replacement. It kinda sucks though.. I remember when HP of old sold the Ipaq 2210 with rubber sides that fell off. Even out of warranty, they would send out replacements. Better to have designed ones that didn't fall off in the first place! but still - Good old days.
01-15-2017, 10:19 AM
If HP would provide an upgrade path, like an exchange calculator program, to replace old style hardware, that would be cost effective for customers, (relative to purchasing a new device), I would be interested.

I would even be willing to buy another prime, if I could be sure of getting the more visible keyboard. I haven't seen them anywhere, so far!

-Dale-
01-15-2017, 10:46 AM
(01-15-2017 10:19 AM)DrD Wrote:  If HP would provide an upgrade path, like an exchange calculator program, to replace old style hardware, that would be cost effective for customers, (relative to purchasing a new device), I would be interested.

I would even be willing to buy another prime, if I could be sure of getting the more visible keyboard. I haven't seen them anywhere, so far!

-Dale-

I agree Dale, frankly I'm surprised they haven't , as it's clearly a design fault , and they did provide an exchange program when connectivity was dropped from Rev A hardware.

I don't think we should have to buy a new model to overcome a poor design, especially when it's a lottery with no way of knowing if you'll get a Rev A , Rev C or the fabled Rev C++ !
01-31-2017, 08:32 PM
(01-15-2017 10:19 AM)DrD Wrote:  I would even be willing to buy another prime, if I could be sure of getting the more visible keyboard. I haven't seen them anywhere, so far!

-Dale-

I actually did buy a new one from ebay to replace my current one. THe pic showed the new keyboard but when I got it it was the old style. I wanted to return it and even filed a complaint with ebay but they sided with the seller. I don't know why the have an option "not as pictured" if they are not going to enforce it. Grrrrrr
02-01-2017, 06:23 AM
(01-31-2017 08:32 PM)tgallo Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 10:19 AM)DrD Wrote:  I would even be willing to buy another prime, if I could be sure of getting the more visible keyboard. I haven't seen them anywhere, so far!

-Dale-

I actually did buy a new one from ebay to replace my current one. THe pic showed the new keyboard but when I got it it was the old style. I wanted to return it and even filed a complaint with ebay but they sided with the seller. I don't know why the have an option "not as pictured" if they are not going to enforce it. Grrrrrr

I guess the colour differences look pretty trivial to the eBay support team!
Appearances can be deceptive..
02-01-2017, 02:53 PM
(02-01-2017 06:23 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  
(01-31-2017 08:32 PM)tgallo Wrote:  I actually did buy a new one from ebay to replace my current one. THe pic showed the new keyboard but when I got it it was the old style. I wanted to return it and even filed a complaint with ebay but they sided with the seller. I don't know why the have an option "not as pictured" if they are not going to enforce it. Grrrrrr

I guess the colour differences look pretty trivial to the eBay support team!
Appearances can be deceptive..

The seller even changed the photo during the process.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)