DM42L release date and specs???
09-22-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: DM42L release date and specs???
I should mention that the DM-42 hardware looked really impressive. I was expecting something very large, but in reality it is compact and fits in the shirt pocket (and the hand) really nicely. I hope Michael succeeds with this beast - it will be very popular.

Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2016, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2016 06:41 PM by toml_12953.)
(07-31-2016 08:21 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 07:38 PM)Namir Wrote:  Can I ask how many display lines the DM42P (I assume 42P is correct) has?

Namir

Sorry Namir, I can't release any details prior to the HHUC. It's only one and a half month away, so please be patient. Smile

Günter

OK the conference has come and gone. So dish the dirt! Spill the beans! Open the barn door! Release the Kraken! (oops, I got carried away)

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-22-2016, 07:57 PM
(09-22-2016 06:39 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 08:21 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  Sorry Namir, I can't release any details prior to the HHUC. It's only one and a half month away, so please be patient. Smile

Günter

OK the conference has come and gone. So dish the dirt! Spill the beans! Open the barn door! Release the Kraken! (oops, I got carried away)

Tom L

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2016, 12:15 AM
I have to say, I have not been this excited about a calculator since I found a new 71b few years back... Long live RPN.
09-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Here are two images of the DM42 from the conference. The first one is of both sides of the DM42 prototype and the second one is the DM42 along side of Eric Smith's latest "DIY" prototype. I believe that they utilize the exact same LCD display module.

Jake
[Image: DM42%20Both%20Sides.JPG]
[Image: DM42%20and%20Erics%20Box.JPG]
09-23-2016, 11:43 AM
I just noticed that it appears M is assigned to the Enter key. I wonder how that works, since Enter is used to finish say, entering a label into a program. Not sure how to finish a label entry without it.
09-23-2016, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2016 12:20 PM by Marcio.)
Good eye. They could use the arrow keys for that.

Both machines look good.
09-23-2016, 05:35 PM
I 'NEEEEEED" a yellow shift key! And I "need" that calc!!! Always said the HP42 would have reigned supreme with a clock function similar to the 41 but at least it has a clock!

Gunter/Michael

Meant to ask at the conference, is the clock simply an adjunct to the machine or is it integrated into it with functions similar to the 41?

:-)

Geoff
09-24-2016, 02:15 AM
(09-23-2016 05:35 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I 'NEEEEEED" a yellow shift key! And I "need" that calc!!! Always said the HP42 would have reigned supreme with a clock function similar to the 41 but at least it has a clock!

Gunter/Michael

Meant to ask at the conference, is the clock simply an adjunct to the machine or is it integrated into it with functions similar to the 41?

Geoff

The shift key and the shifted functions "need" to be orange to match the HP 42S, not yellow!
09-24-2016, 09:26 AM
call it orange or yellow or gold or whaterver but it *needs* to be different!!!
So I´m with Geoff 110%
09-24-2016, 10:08 AM
So is DM71 not too far behind? Smile
09-24-2016, 10:15 AM
(09-24-2016 02:15 AM)Brian Walsh Wrote:  
(09-23-2016 05:35 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I 'NEEEEEED" a yellow shift key! And I "need" that calc!!! Always said the HP42 would have reigned supreme with a clock function similar to the 41 but at least it has a clock!

Gunter/Michael

Geoff

The shift key and the shifted functions "need" to be orange to match the HP 42S, not yellow!

Just pick your color! :)

[Image: humbrol-enamel-paint.jpg]

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-24-2016, 10:43 AM
These aren't the right paints for this sort of thing Smile

- Pauli
09-24-2016, 12:34 PM
(09-24-2016 10:08 AM)polbit Wrote:  So is DM71 not too far behind? Smile

I'm waiting for the DM-PrimeP!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-24-2016, 01:03 PM
...and not to be too greedy, if a clock and beeper are present, an alarm functionality is very handy for a programmable alarm clock.
TomC
09-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Brian,

Typical guy, my wife says there are 320 shades of yellow to orange. You and I see yellow or orange. :-). She sees a yellowy-yellowy-orangey colour. Yes colour, not color! And it sodder not solder, got to remember that :-)

Suffice to say it must match the yellowy-orange of the keyboard bezel font.
09-24-2016, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2016 07:45 PM by Brian Walsh.)
(09-24-2016 05:33 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Brian,

Typical guy, my wife says there are 320 shades of yellow to orange. You and I see yellow or orange. :-). She sees a yellowy-yellowy-orangey colour. Yes colour, not color! And it sodder not solder, got to remember that :-)

Suffice to say it must match the yellowy-orange of the keyboard bezel font.

On the prototype it is a golden yellow color, which doesn't remotely resemble the orange used on the 42S. Pantone to the rescue.

People in the US solder (the L is silent). Canadians say something unintelligible resembling soldier, and they say "eh" and "aboot" a lot and eat poutine and other weird unhealthy stuff, sometimes wearing a toque and perhaps setting their calculators on the Chesterfield. Surely you recognize that the last letter of the alphabet is correctly pronounced Zee in the US. We can adapt while in the UK and Canada. It's high time you got with the program. ;-)
09-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Memory is more than enough, display good. Keyboard, I have to wait and see.

Will there be a real clock with alarms like the HP-41, or at least the hardware support for it?
Beeper?
What kind of I/O will it have?
What is the power source?
09-24-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: DM42P release date and specs???

Gunter/Michael

Geoff

Sorry Ge-off,

the exchange rate of the Canadian dollar most probably will not enable you to save enough money in your life time to purchase this precious item.

BTW, I just returned from Colorado, after some strenuous days in the Rocky Mountains National Park. Boy, I'm really exhausted from hiking at 3600m.

Yellow, orange? Nada, it has to be golden, just to show the progress this calculator provides.

As I'm not at all part of the development, I can't answer questions myself. But I will collect the questions and forward them to Michael. He is not reading this forum on a regular basis, working on the hard- and software night and day Smile

But for now I need some rest, take care of my family, enjoy the weekend, in short - arrive at home Smile

Will be back later

Günter
09-25-2016, 05:05 PM
(09-24-2016 08:10 PM)hth Wrote:  Memory is more than enough, display good. Keyboard, I have to wait and see.

Will there be a real clock with alarms like the HP-41, or at least the hardware support for it?
Beeper?
What kind of I/O will it have?
What is the power source?

Watch the video and read the presentation by Geunter.

Hard copy:

http://hhuc.us/2016/files/Speakers/Gunte...BLOCK.pptx

Video, see post #23 this thread or google 'YouTube: hhc2016 for talks.Keys felt excellent.

Geoff

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)