HP50,49,48 Matrix Alpha Lock
06-06-2016, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 10:29 AM by buffalo.)
HP50,49,48 Matrix Alpha Lock
hey all HP48 "family" users
i am trying to enter a list of "words" into a list via the matrix writer. i have figured out how to overide the automatic 'word' and create a string "word",(using vectored/custom enter) however i want to lock alpha mode but the matrix writer wont allow it (71 keyeval in vectored enter doesn't work either it just hangs)
what i probably need is a srpl command so if anyone has any thoughts on this i would be greatly indebted to you.
thanks buffalo
ps i own a HP50g but this problem relates to the 48 & 49 also (i think)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: HP50,49,48 Matrix Alpha Lock
(06-06-2016 06:56 AM)buffalo Wrote:  hey all HP48 "family" users
i am trying to enter a list of "words" into a list via the matrix writer. i have figured out how to overide the automatic 'word' and create a string "word",(using vectored/custom enter) however i want to lock alpha mode but the matrix writer wont allow it (71 keyeval in vectored enter doesn't work either it just hangs)
what i probably need is a srpl command so if anyone has any thoughts on this i would be greatly indebted to you.
thanks buffalo
ps i own a HP50g but this problem relates to the 48 & 49 also (i think)

HP48 matrix consists of numbers, real or complex.
06-07-2016, 12:43 PM
hey RMollov
thanks yes its been a while since i've used a HP48, i forgot its matrix writer only had numeric input. i probably didn't describe very well what the glitch was.
i think the alpha should lock wether its in matrix writer or not. what i find currently is that each time i press enter alpha unlocks(??)

i am trying to create a list of common words then look up the German equivalent. the 2 lists side by side give me a single word translator, i just have to enter the words in. (just type the lists using a F%&*ing typewriter-i hear you say) yes now that i think of it i'm not a bad 2 finger typer.
buffalo
06-07-2016, 07:40 PM
(06-07-2016 12:43 PM)buffalo Wrote:  i think the alpha should lock wether its in matrix writer or not. what i find currently is that each time i press enter alpha unlocks(??)

Using the INPUT command with the proper parameters allows you prompt the user for strings without requiring the user to explicitly enter alpha mode themselves. The following piece of UserRPL code will prompt the user repeatedly for strings and then add each one to a list. Pressing ENTER without any input will break out of the loop:

Code:
%%HP: T(3)A(R)F(.);
\<<
  { }
  DO
    "Enter a word" { "" 1 \Ga } INPUT
    IF
      DUP "" \=/
    THEN
      +
    ELSE
      DROP
    END
  UNTIL
  END
\>>

The INPUT command enters alpha mode as a result of the third parameter in the list that precedes it.

Note: "\Ga" and "\=/" are tri-graphs for the alpha and not-equal characters, respectively. The method of entering those characters directly depends on which model calculator you are using.

Does this accomplish something similar to what you're wanting?
06-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Excellent DavidM
a short elegant solution. i now have new respect for the input command (which i've never used much)

(for anyone interested)
enter Davids program to the stack

\<<
{ }
DO
"Enter a word" { "" 1 \Ga } INPUT
IF
DUP "" \=/
THEN
+
ELSE
DROP
END
UNTIL
END
\>>

@(note Ga is the alpha character or 140 CHR)
@(note \=/ is not equals character <- +/- or 139 CHR)

i STOred this program under the name 'FOO' (@copyright JKH)
then from the Matrix Writer i selected the VAR(menu)
then selected FOO EVAL(make sure u r in right DIRECTORY-the one with FOO in it)
this should launch Davids program enter a list of words (ENTER after each word)
after typing the last word press ENTER then ENTER again this will exit the Matrix writer
& put the list onto the stack.

buffalo
07-26-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 06:52 AM by buffalo.)
**HP49 & HP50 only** not for HP48
a more elegant solution (IMO)

<< 71.1 KEYEVAL # A301Fh LIBEVAL >>

'alphaENTER' STO
(or vectored enter as some describe it)

note1: replace alpha above with the character 140
not the word alpha.
[in ALPHA mode right shift A (-> A) ]

note2: to enable custom enter -63 SF

note3: for those unfamiliar with vectored enter USER mode needs to be active

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)