Successful Update
02-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Successful Update
I went to a wi fi hotspot (no Internet service in my apartment building) and downloaded the 11/25/13 update onto my HP Pavilion with Windows 7. Returned to my apartment, connected my Prime to the HP and the update went flawlessly. The CAS version was also updated Now I wish they would update the User Guide as some of the examples they give don't work when I try them. For example, under the Geometry App, there is one example where you plot Sin(x), choose a point on the graph, and then can have a tangent line drawn. It doesn't draw the tangent line. Maybe the User Guide is omitting some required step.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Successful Update
Usually, embedded Help is kept up to date.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Did you previously have an update failure? Or was this just a report that "Everything went great".

I thought I saw someone a few days back that had it work correctly after *re-downloading* the update which is a bit worrysome. Did I misread/mis-remember that?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-12-2014, 02:45 AM
(02-11-2014 03:46 PM)dan_h Wrote:  For example, under the Geometry App, there is one example where you plot Sin(x), choose a point on the graph, and then can have a tangent line drawn. It doesn't draw the tangent line. Maybe the User Guide is omitting some required step.
I found that example to be a real toughie, but eventually got it to work. I found that the User Manual uses too many esc/clears, and once I stopped following the instructions verbatim I was able to do the example, and more importantly understand how it works.
02-12-2014, 02:55 AM
(02-11-2014 05:05 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Did you previously have an update failure? Or was this just a report that "Everything went great".

I thought I saw someone a few days back that had it work correctly after *re-downloading* the update which is a bit worrysome. Did I misread/mis-remember that?
I think that would have been myself and Marcelo in this thread:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-613.html
02-12-2014, 04:22 PM
It was my first attempt at updating the Prime and I'm reporting that it went without a hitch. Now could use a "workbook" with lots of examples to do on the Prime. As I review math I haven't done in years, a workbook that covers vectors, tensors, and differential equations would be especially useful.
02-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Is it reasonable to expect a future firmware update package will also incorporate fixes to the USB updating problems? I did try to update but never had success so I'm holding off for the time being. I have had no real reason to update since my day-to-day usage has been unaffected by the problems that have been detected and I've had little time to explore beyond that anyway. I'm enjoying it for the most part and find the reuse from history very handy. Just curious to know if improvements in the updating process are also being studied and hopefully corrected. I do think it's a bit sad that I can't update my HP calculator using my HP Pavilion laptop!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)